• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats to the Camels.

Does this make it clear Beechwood is the best freshman team in N. Ky.? :sneaky:

Sorry ... channeling my inner uk#1fan on that one. :taz:

I will comment more on this game later but no way you can consider Beechwood because they didn't play a big school schedule this year.

nice win for the Camels.It was a great freshmen game. Penalties killed HHS all game long.Congratulations to Trent Johnson of HHS for scoring his 1st TD on a tipped ball that he returned into the end zone.

#60 from Highlands? He was a stud.

Both teams have some real studs. Highlands QB is excellent, #45 from Highlands is a stud (but needs to play within himself), and Highlands had another RB that was a stud but I don't remember the number.

For Campbell their QB has a big future ahead of him if he continues to grow and improve. He is very gifted both throwing and running the ball. 37 a LB from Campbell is an absolute animal. He plays like a LB should play. Campbell had two or three other excellent Freshmen football players.

The only knock I see with Highlands team is a lack of size up front but that is not much different than usual.

For Campbell, the talent is unreal, the coaching leaves a lot to be desired. As good as Highlands is, a well coached Campbell team would drill them.

And Coach Lickert, you need to make sure that group gets plenty of your personal attention from this point forward. If you don't win big with that group you should definitely be fired.

That's where officials learn.

Yeah but Joe Frank can't let a Dead ball foul be marked off from the Original line of Scrimmage instead of the line to gain. Highlands ran the ball on a 9 yard gain to the 16 on 1st down late in the game from the 25. A dead ball personal foul was marked off back to the 40 instead of the 31. Those 9 yards is all Highlands would of needed to continue the game for a game winning drive. Am I wrong? Isn't the penalty marked off from the line that was gained? I guess plain & simple, you keep your mouth quiet as the player and you win the game.