Campbell County 28 Highlands 22 (Frosh)

theguru

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just wish Highlands had another High Quality receiver that could of got some separation at the end of the game. It's hard for Huddleston to get open being covered by 4 defenders. It was man on man the entire 2nd half with no Safety over top. Would of been pretty much Pitch & Catch opposite Huddleston with another Quality WR.

TBirds mentioned a winning drive above and that is true Highlands did have the ball at the end driving and could have won the game. However, Campbell did about everything in their power to give the game away including but not limited to a penalty that helped kill a drive in the redzone, numerous turnovers/interceptions, not fielding a punt that had to net 60 years or more, a blocked punt for a TD, an INT for a TD, and frankly doing a bunch of passing when Highlands couldn't begin to stop the Camel running attack.

I just wish Highlands had another High Quality receiver that could of got some separation at the end of the game. It's hard for Huddleston to get open being covered by 4 defenders. It was man on man the entire 2nd half with no Safety over top. Would of been pretty much Pitch & Catch opposite Huddleston with another Quality WR.

Campbell did a poor job defending him. They needed to stuff him on the line and then not let him get behind the deepest man.

TBirds mentioned a winning drive above and that is true Highlands did have the ball at the end driving and could have won the game. However, Campbell did about everything in their power to give the game away including but not limited to a penalty that helped kill a drive in the redzone, numerous turnovers/interceptions, not fielding a punt that had to net 60 years or more, a blocked punt for a TD, an INT for a TD, and frankly doing a bunch of passing when Highlands couldn't begin to stop the Camel running attack.

Yes G I couldn't believe Campbell was throwing the Ball when all they had to do was get a couple of 1st downs to end the game.

Yeah but Joe Frank can't let a Dead ball foul be marked off from the Original line of Scrimmage instead of the line to gain. Highlands ran the ball on a 9 yard gain to the 16 on 1st down late in the game from the 25. A dead ball personal foul was marked off back to the 40 instead of the 31. Those 9 yards is all Highlands would of needed to continue the game for a game winning drive. Am I wrong? Isn't the penalty marked off from the line that was gained? I guess plain & simple, you keep your mouth quiet as the player and you win the game.

A few questions:

Live ball foul or dead ball foul?

What was the foul?

Where did the foul occur?

Yes G I couldn't believe Campbell was throwing the Ball when all they had to do was get a couple of 1st downs to end the game.

That was pure and simple a horrible coaching decision. I ventured over with Oldbird and the crew and right before that last interception we were talking about the various things Campbell was doing to keep Highlands in the game including all the passing and then boom.

Don't get me wrong everyone, the Campbell QB is so good it's hard to fault the coaches for wanting to pass so much but at the same time Campbell's OL looks like a small varsity OL and the Highlands DL looked like about a youth level senior team in size. Add to that Campbell has some big, athletic ball carriers.

While I thought Campbell's QB did a very nice job and completes the throws when needed, he also threw wrecklessly into coverage on multiple times tonight. He is lucky he only threw 1 pick. Or did he have 2

By the way Bailey "Boobie" Armstrong from Highlands who had the INT made that I believe his 8th on the Season. Not too shabby for 8 games played I think. If I'm not mistaken he missed a couple of games due to a High Ankle Sprain.

Sounds like a great game.

It's a shame the Birds had the unsportsmanlike penalties there at the end. Hopefully they have learned a valuable lesson.

I thought two or three of the Highlands players were slightly unsportsmanlike for the majority of the game and it caught up with them at the end when in my opinion the refs finally called it on Highlands in part as a make up call for the poor decision to call a late hit on Campbell on the last drive. I could tell from Frank's body language he didn't agree with the late hit call and I believe that one was the righteous make up call. I am sure some of you will call hogwash but those two calls did equal out.

While I thought Campbell's QB did a very nice job and completes the throws when needed, he also threw wrecklessly into coverage on multiple times tonight. He is lucky he only threw 1 pick.

By the way Bailey "Boobie" Armstrong from Highlands who had the INT made that I believe his 8th on the Season. Not too shabby for 8 games played I think. If I'm not mistaken he missed a couple of games due to a High Ankle Sprain.

Two picks right? And one went for a TD?