October 28, 201510 yr A little shocked to get on here and not see a thread for this already. Where's the BBN of BGP? Anyway, I much rather watch this than Big Blue Madness. Really enjoy our guard play. This is going to be a much different style of ball this year but still fun to watch. We are going to have a very strong back court with some depth. I like having a solid shooter that can come off the bench if needed, with Mulder. We'll see how is game transcends against other D-1 programs. Also really like the athleticism of Matthews. If he buys into being that lockdown defender, its going to be tough to keep him off the floor I think. Poythress looked pretty good, knocking down quite a few shots. I'm very impressed with Briscoe's ability to get to the rim and finish. We are going to be no where near as good on defense, which is kind of obvious but we might actually be better on offense. Probably a better overall shooting team. I think they will be a great passing team. It was just a scrimmage but if this team progresses, I like our chances at another Final Four run. Just don't get frustrated with a few bumps along the way.
October 28, 201510 yr A little shocked to get on here and not see a thread for this already. Where's the BBN of BGP? Anyway, I much rather watch this than Big Blue Madness. Really enjoy our guard play. This is going to be a much different style of ball this year but still fun to watch. We are going to have a very strong back court with some depth. I like having a solid shooter that can come off the bench if needed, with Mulder. We'll see how is game transcends against other D-1 programs. Also really like the athleticism of Matthews. If he buys into being that lockdown defender, its going to be tough to keep him off the floor I think. Poythress looked pretty good, knocking down quite a few shots. I'm very impressed with Briscoe's ability to get to the rim and finish. We are going to be no where near as good on defense, which is kind of obvious but we might actually be better on offense. Probably a better overall shooting team. I think they will be a great passing team. It was just a scrimmage but if this team progresses, I like our chances at another Final Four run. Just don't get frustrated with a few bumps along the way. They are going to be WAY better on offense.
October 28, 201510 yr I think this team may shoot more layups then we have seen in some time, even getting a ton of them out of half court sets. Teams may end up packing it in to stop drives but I think the shooting ability of this team will make that a mistake also. Teams will either have to give them open jump shots or contested layups...they'll have to decide which they try to stop.
October 28, 201510 yr I'm very impressed with Briscoe's ability to get to the rim and finish. I didn't watch Madness and only watched a little last night (other obligations, plus I never get into UK basketball until after high school football season), but I was surprised by Briscoe's size and stature. I guess I was expecting a lithe point guard, but he's built kind of like a block.
October 28, 201510 yr This team is going to be more smoother on offense than last year's team. I like the guard depth, quickness, and scoring ability. Interior defense and physicality will be much less than last year, I would think.
October 28, 201510 yr Author I'll have to watch your videos later @Wireman, thanks for posting. But who are the girls sitting with Cal?
October 28, 201510 yr I'll have to watch your videos later @Wireman, thanks for posting. But who are the girls sitting with Cal? They won the annual contest and Calipari is paying their Spring tuition
October 28, 201510 yr A little shocked to get on here and not see a thread for this already. Where's the BBN of BGP? Anyway, I much rather watch this than Big Blue Madness. Really enjoy our guard play. This is going to be a much different style of ball this year but still fun to watch. We are going to have a very strong back court with some depth. I like having a solid shooter that can come off the bench if needed, with Mulder. We'll see how is game transcends against other D-1 programs. Also really like the athleticism of Matthews. If he buys into being that lockdown defender, its going to be tough to keep him off the floor I think. Poythress looked pretty good, knocking down quite a few shots. I'm very impressed with Briscoe's ability to get to the rim and finish. We are going to be no where near as good on defense, which is kind of obvious but we might actually be better on offense. Probably a better overall shooting team. I think they will be a great passing team. It was just a scrimmage but if this team progresses, I like our chances at another Final Four run. Just don't get frustrated with a few bumps along the way. They are going to be WAY better on offense. I think this years team will be a more fun style to watch on offense, but disagree it will be better on offense. Last years team basically could get any shot they wanted on offense. They had guys who could score inside and outside. The could pound it down low, they could penetrate the lane and throw lobs and they had guys who could shoot. For most of the year when we had to have a bucket at the end of the game we were able to get what we wanted. The only game that didn't happen in last year was unfortunately in the final four. So I do think this years offense will be more of an exciting, fun style of offense for us fans to see. However I don't think it will be a better offense overall.
October 28, 201510 yr I didn't watch the game, but how did Murray look? With all of the talk about Ulis and Skal, I think Murray has a chance to be the best player on the team. He dominated for the Canadian national team and looks insanely athletic, just wanted to hear thoughts on how he played.
October 28, 201510 yr I bit off subject, but what's up with John Pelfrey's accent. I mean, he's from Johnson County in the eastern Kentucky hill country and he sounded like he's from New York City. Just came off as fakey to me.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.