Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue/White Scrimmage

Featured Replies

This is going to be a much better team on offense compared to last year. More spacing, passing improved 10 fold and more guys that are suited to get up and down the floor...

College game favors great guard play and UK has great guards. Let's face it, UK had a great team last season but WCS was a liability on the offense end. No such liabilities this year. On the other hand, last years team was historically good on defense.

 

I think Matthews will be a very good player one of these days.

I bit off subject, but what's up with John Pelfrey's accent. I mean, he's from Johnson County in the eastern Kentucky hill country and he sounded like he's from New York City. Just came off as fakey to me.

 

I noticed it too. I think he was around Billy D way to long. It was weird.

I noticed it too. I think he was around Billy D way to long. It was weird.

As far as Pelfrey's work during the game, I thought he did a good job.

However.........when a native eastern Kentuckian pronounces tournament to sound like it's tworn-a-ment (New York/New Jersey sound) it comes off as strange.

That's ok with me if that's how he wants to sound. It's just not for me. I understand as a media person he needs to speak a certain way, but there's no need to try to completely drop his regional accent.

I've had friends and relatives serve in the military for a couple of years, or move to Ohio for work, and come back to the mountains to visit with a totally different dialect. It's as if they're ashamed of their heritage.

This team will be a very fast paced team. I except Ulis, Murray, Poythress, and Labissere to start with either Mathews/Briscoe/Mulder to be the 3 depending on who the opponent is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.