Tennessee @ Kentucky Predictions

16thBBall Fan

Tennessee @ Kentucky  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Tennessee @ Kentucky

I am a little torn on this one. Kentucky has thus far had problems stopping the run game and the DT QB. Heard for UT has impressed me this season, and despite not having eye brows, Dobbs has looked good as well.

If UK plays up to their potential, I think they will win. Their receivers need to catch catchable balls and their OL needs to give Towles some time. I know, I know, that is like telling a struggling golfer to just hit the ball straight (easier said than done) but I truly believe that this cats team has all the potential in the world, they just need to stop making stupid mistakes.

I look for this to be a close game, coming down to a late game field goal or TD. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable making a prediction on which side comes out victorious just yet.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 teams trending in different directions. UT has been starting to play really solid lately, where UK is starting to slip up.

If UK can keep putting up the offensive numbers they have been putting up, and can turn those field goals into TD's, it will be a close one, no matter how bad the D plays.

7 points seems right to me for the spread.

UT 35

UK 28

Really want this win though against UT

Please educate me. Why did the coaching staff pull Towles in the game? What purpose did it serve? Was it to protect Towles from suffering an injury late in a game that was no longer in doubt? Was it to give the coaching staff the opportunity to see how Barker would perform in a real game' date=' in order to help determine who the starting QB should be going forward in the season? If Barker would have come out and played outstanding would he have played his way into the starting lineup next week, or is the starting spot Towles' no matter what at this point? What was the reasoning behind the benching?[/quote']

Question did you play football? Sometimes a Friday night/Saturday game, turns into a JV game to an extent.

Question did you play football? Sometimes a Friday night/Saturday game, turns into a JV game to an extent.

The extent of my football playing was backyard with school buddies back when I was a teenager, so I have very little context to understand why UK decided to make a QB change in the game.

Fair enough but surely you get the JV part you are a smart man.

Multiple times this year Coach Stoops has had to address whether there is a QB controversy at UK (whether he will stick with Towles or make a change to Barker). Up until the MSU game Stoops has stuck with Towles. It seems that Coach Stoops has really opened up the matter of a potential QB controversy now that he actually made a QB change in a game, and I figured that in order for him to "pull the trigger" and make this change there must be a very good reason for doing so. It's hard for me to believe that he opened himself and the program up to the question of a QB controversy in order to give a player some game experience in preparation for starting 1-2 years from now (ie, the JV argument). But, perhaps he did...

Multiple times this year Coach Stoops has had to address whether there is a QB controversy at UK (whether he will stick with Towles or make a change to Barker). Up until the MSU game Stoops has stuck with Towles. It seems that Coach Stoops has really opened up the matter of a potential QB controversy now that he actually made a QB change in a game' date=' and I figured that in order for him to "pull the trigger" and make this change there must be a very good reason for doing so. It's hard for me to believe that he opened himself and the program up to the question of a QB controversy in order to give a player some game experience in preparation for starting 1-2 years from now (ie, the JV argument). But, perhaps he did...[/quote']

Maybe he was a little frustrated with PT that is very possible. He may have sent a message that he will play Barker to him. However, there was very little reason to have PT in at that point and Barker was over due (Eastern) to play. It just kinda all worked out that UK was getting whooped on.

I have watch UT several games this season. This team is very talented and seems to find away to lose the game in the final minutes. I think they are just a few more guys away from being contenders in the SEC.

I say this game could very easily look like last weeks if the Cats don't come prepared to play. BUT I look for this one to be close.

UT 31

UK 28

Late FG by the Vols.

Stoops blows clock management again.

PT gets the blame for poor play calling.

Please educate me. Why did the coaching staff pull Towles in the game? What purpose did it serve? Was it to protect Towles from suffering an injury late in a game that was no longer in doubt? Was it to give the coaching staff the opportunity to see how Barker would perform in a real game, in order to help determine who the starting QB should be going forward in the season? If Barker would have come out and played outstanding would he have played his way into the starting lineup next week, or is the starting spot Towles' no matter what at this point? What was the reasoning behind the benching?

To keep him from taking any more unnecessary hits, plain and simple... and to give Barker some needed reps so he could judge the speed of the game.

There is no QB controversy at UK.