16thBBall Fan

Tennessee @ Kentucky  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Tennessee @ Kentucky

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PT is the starter because so far Barker hasn't proved to the coaches that he can handle the life of a college qb off the field yet. I fully believe that if all the stuff in Richmond hadn't happened, Barker would have been the starter this year. Obviously I am not at UK practices, but just watching both of them from high school, Barker to me appears more talented. Granted he didn't have the team around him that PT did, so Barker was asked to do a lot more, but I just think that Barker physically is the better option, but PT is the starter because he has a better head on his shoulders and the coaches trust him more. IMO though we will have the opportunity to see both of them play this game unfortunately because I see this game being a repeat of last week...

Multiple times this year Coach Stoops has had to address whether there is a QB controversy at UK (whether he will stick with Towles or make a change to Barker). Up until the MSU game Stoops has stuck with Towles. It seems that Coach Stoops has really opened up the matter of a potential QB controversy now that he actually made a QB change in a game, and I figured that in order for him to "pull the trigger" and make this change there must be a very good reason for doing so. It's hard for me to believe that he opened himself and the program up to the question of a QB controversy in order to give a player some game experience in preparation for starting 1-2 years from now (ie, the JV argument). But, perhaps he did...

Most people do not feel there is a QB controversy.

You're acting as if this is the most unusual thing that has ever happened. - It's not.

Simply put, the staff has been looking for an opportunity to get DB some reps all year.

In all of the other games that PT has not necessarily performed his best, the Cats have still been in the game with a chance to win. The coaching staff feels that PT gives them the best chance to win.

At the point that DB came in, this game was over. So, it is the first time all year that they felt they could get DB some reps.

You need to understand the differnce between benching someone, and getting a player some reps for the future.

Trust me, had the game been in reach, DB never sees the field.

Edited by coldweatherfan

Most people do not feel there is a QB controversy.

You're acting as if this is the most unusual thing that has ever happened. - It's not.

Simply put, the staff has been looking for an opportunity to get DB some reps all year.

In all of the other games that PT has not necessarily performed his best, the Cats have still been in the game with a chance to win. The coaching staff feels that PT gives them the best chance to win.

At the point that DB came in this game was over. So, it is the first time all year that they felt they could get DB some reps.

You need to understand the differnce between benching someone, and getting a player some reps for the future.

Trust me, had the game been in reach, DB never sees the field.

100% correct

PT is the starter because so far Barker hasn't proved to the coaches that he can handle the life of a college qb off the field yet. ..

That's not correct. PT and Drew battled in camp. PT got the nod. Nothing more than them being close but close enough that PT kept the job.

I know the defense is getting bashed but lets face it Dak Prescott is the very best QB they will see all season. Tenn. is not running out anyone near his caliber. At home they win this one.

He is really the only good QB they have faced this year, which is obviously a good thing for UK.

The QB position is not the problem at UK. Actually it may be the only position where the performance, with the exception of Boom Williams, that has been average or above when compared to the majority of the SEC teams.

As much as I hate to say it I see this game being very much like the Mississippi State game, our defense is no where near ready to handle a dual threat QB and that has been a weakness since I can remember. Dobbs will run and throw all over our defense.

Tennessee- 45

Kentucky- 21

I think poor defensive scheme comes up again this week, like it frequently does.

And I think PT plays a less than stellar game, like he frequently does.

And I think the rest of the offense struggles enough to keep some of the blame off of PT, like they frequently do.

This game gets over quick. I expect most fans to start leaving around halftime, after a 3rd UK turnover. Tennessee has blown too many games late and are mad over the Bama loss. They come in focused and intense. Something I haven't seen from the Cats in almost a decade.

UT beats UK. Bad. And they'll leave a discontent group of fans feeling like they've been duped again into thinking that somehow this team and this year was different.

UK 10

UT 48

31-3 at the half.