Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central 8 Ashland 7

Featured Replies

Was the drone up last Friday? I never noticed it. Why they even have a drone and what else they use if for I have no idea. We do have some issues here that it could potentially be used for, so maybe the football games are just practice flights

 

But as far as the comments go. Everyone was civil, prior to and after the game, hopefully we can keep it that way.

 

Agree. Two great teams that will likely meet in the Regional Final. I look forward to the rematch and seeing how one of the two fair against, what many think, will be South Warren.

 

The drone was up near the open end of the stadium in the first half, but not up long.

  • Replies 146
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did see some GREAT pics of the game from above. I recall saying something along the lines of wanting to see an aerial pick of the game around the end of the 1st qtr or middle of 2nd qtr.

Agree. Two great teams that will likely meet in the Regional Final. I look forward to the rematch and seeing how one of the two fair against, what many think, will be South Warren.

 

The drone was up near the open end of the stadium in the first half, but not up long.

 

Hopefully one of the two will get a chance to play in that game. Everyone knows where my heart lies, but I would root for either one if they are the team that comes out of the east.

Was the drone up last Friday? I never noticed it. Why they even have a drone and what else they use if for I have no idea. We do have some issues here that it could potentially be used for, so maybe the football games are just practice flights

 

But as far as the comments go. Everyone was civil, prior to and after the game, hopefully we can keep it that way.

 

I'm surprised Matney didn't have his kicker kick it out of the sky! :lol2:

  • Author

Would the police put up a drone? I can imagine with a crowd that size if you had an incident you would know exactly where to go if so.

I'm surprised Matney didn't have his kicker kick it out of the sky! :lol2:

 

He probably could have.

Would the police put up a drone? I can imagine with a crowd that size if you had an incident you would know exactly where to go if so.

 

They used one last season for the Raceland game. I hadn't seen one this season, but I hadn't been looking for it either. It probably just gives them a chance to play with their new toy more than anything else.

Yes, while having the best kicker in the state at hand. Just another smack in the face by Mattney to the Ashland coaching staff. Hopefully they learn from it.

 

Hard for me to agree with this. I could see it being a slap in the face if he had went for 2 up 48-14 or something like that. But in a 7-6 game that had been a defensive struggle, they might not even make it back into field goal range. I don't personally know Coach Matney, but I do know that their coaching staff has a lot of confidence in their offense picking up 3 yards. I would have probably kicked the PAT in that situation...but even the best kicker in the state doesn't make every one. There's a snap, hold and let's not forget blocking that must occur for a PAT to even be attempted. Long story short, I don't think this is a slap in the face or an insult of any kind directed towards Ashland.

Hard for me to agree with this. I could see it being a slap in the face if he had went for 2 up 48-14 or something like that. But in a 7-6 game that had been a defensive struggle, they might not even make it back into field goal range. I don't personally know Coach Matney, but I do know that their coaching staff has a lot of confidence in their offense picking up 3 yards. I would have probably kicked the PAT in that situation...but even the best kicker in the state doesn't make every one. There's a snap, hold and let's not forget blocking that must occur for a PAT to even be attempted. Long story short, I don't think this is a slap in the face or an insult of any kind directed towards Ashland.

 

I didn't really mean it in that kind of way. I just meant it in an Ashland can't get oflver the hump of beating Mattney coached teams.

You are correct I hit the wrong number. Fingers too fat.

 

Now that I can believe

Now that I can believe

 

I know where you live.

I didn't really mean it in that kind of way. I just meant it in an Ashland can't get oflver the hump of beating Mattney coached teams.

 

I see what you're saying

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.