Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central 8 Ashland 7

Featured Replies

Did anyone know that Johnson central was told the put air in their footballs after halftime? No joke, one of the officials told me the other day.

 

This makes sense now. It's likely why their passing game was off from their usual 30-35 completions and definitely why they fumbled on the first play. Also made it much easier for Tyler Pack to kick the ball out of the endzone for sure.

 

Lets get serious with the inflation of footballs. This was likely never said to the JC staff regardless of your source and had no impact on the outcome of this game.

  • Replies 146
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not saying it had any impact on the game whatsoever. I just thought it was a good conversation piece.

  • Author

Well they only had one complete pass so it doesn't really matter but it also helps if it was true portray the image in my head that Matney=Belicheck

I was just thinking, in a game like that it might come down to a kick. I would think that they would want as much air as possible. They actually had to put more air in at least two footballs.

I was just thinking, in a game like that it might come down to a kick. I would think that they would want as much air as possible. They actually had to put more air in at least two footballs.

 

So JC deflated some balls, but put too much air in others! You may be onto something here. I suggest you go JC and ask to speak directly to Matney. Make sure you tell him you are the official ball inspector and would like to feel his to ensure they meet regulation before being played with.

Ok, that went a little too far. They were just told to put air back into the ones that didn't have enough air in them. The conversation turned into having the state supply all footballs for every high school game. That idea quickly went south due to regulations and how to supervise.

I suggest you go JC and ask to speak directly to Matney. Make sure you tell him you are the official ball inspector and would like to feel his to ensure they meet regulation before being played with.

 

That's a little much don't you think?

 

Whether this happened or not, which I seriously doubt it did, there's no need for comments like that.

That's a little much don't you think?

 

Whether this happened or not, which I seriously doubt it did, there's no need for comments like that.

 

Ridiculous comments get ridiculous replies. It would be like someone talking about the drone over the game and saying it was APD spying on the game. No need for it and it takes away from a great game. I was making a point with the sarcasm.

This info came from the official who was working the JC sidelines. Just repeating what I heard from the "horse's mouth".

I'm not trying to take away from a great game. It was a terrific game. I just thought it was an interesting side note. Whether it happend or not, I figured it came from a reliable sourcs.

Which official? Honestly thought they called a very very good game.

I thought the game was officiated well too. Again, I just thought it was an interesting tidbit.

I dont see it as a tidbit at all. This is a jab at JC IMO. A nice tidbit would be the wonderful renovations to the stadium or a kid wearing pink shoes to raise breast cancer awareness. This was an insinuation at JC cheating and getting told not to. There is really no other way it can be taken regardless of your original intention.

Totally not my intention. Renovations are great and pink shoes are great. I meant to post this the other day and just forgot. I just thought it was something interesting. Again, both teams completed one pass a piece. Obviously it wouldn't have made an impact on the outcome.

Ridiculous comments get ridiculous replies. It would be like someone talking about the drone over the game and saying it was APD spying on the game. No need for it and it takes away from a great game. I was making a point with the sarcasm.

 

Was the drone up last Friday? I never noticed it. Why they even have a drone and what else they use if for I have no idea. We do have some issues here that it could potentially be used for, so maybe the football games are just practice flights

 

But as far as the comments go. Everyone was civil, prior to and after the game, hopefully we can keep it that way.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.