Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central 8 Ashland 7

Featured Replies

  • Author
I think @RaiderPride5 was a little intimidated about me showing up his date with my Crocs.

 

I would kill to have a pair of crocs. But I couldn't find him!

  • Replies 146
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Without seeing this game it sounds like it wasn't a great game. Close game but only 1 TD for each team and one has a D1 back.

 

Am I wrong?

 

To be honest, you would have had to see it to realize that it was a great game. Two of 4a's best offenses, against two of 4a's best defenses. It was a very, and I mean very, physical game. To me, what these two teams showed is that they have a lot more going for them than their offense.

  • Author

The defenses in this game were great. If Ashland had any sort of passing game that wouldn't be the case though. Consistently 8 or 9 in the box.

When u have to pitch the ball to a running back for him to throw it down field because your quarterback can't, that's when u know u have a problem!!!

 

No doubt. I could say a lot more, but I won't at the moment.

Can anyone tell me what kind of video system Johnson Central utilizes on the sideline? Is that even legal?

image-236452220.jpg

The defenses in this game were great. If Ashland had any sort of passing game that wouldn't be the case though. Consistently 8 or 9 in the box.

 

The lack of ANY passing threat is certainly Ashlands main issue this year. The crazy thing is that Ashland doesn't need an all star qb to have a passing threat. With the athletes they have, short routes would work wonders.

  • Author
Can anyone tell me what kind of video system Johnson Central utilizes on the sideline? Is that even legal?

I know there's a Hudl sideline thing, but I'm pretty sure it's legal (otherwise the refs would have noticed)

I know there's a Hudl sideline thing' date=' but I'm pretty sure it's legal (otherwise the refs would have noticed)[/quote']

 

What is a Hudl sideline thing?

Can anyone tell me what kind of video system Johnson Central utilizes on the sideline? Is that even legal?

 

I can't answer your question. But I was wondering what they were doing under that tent myself when I first seen it. At times there were around 20 players huddled up there it seemed.

 

I don't care one way or another and im sure it's legal, or the wouldn't be doing it openly. But I am curious what the tent and video board was for and why aren't more schools using it?

  • Author
The lack of ANY passing threat is certainly Ashlands main issue this year. The crazy thing is that Ashland doesn't need an all star qb to have a passing threat. With the athletes they have, short routes would work wonders.

Coaching staff doesn't seem to recognize that.

 

 

Also noticed one of the brothers I noticed a few weeks ago at the East game I saw on the sideline (because I assumed they were ineligible at the time) played in this game in pretty sure.

 

 

#41 when he was in on a couple of plays at FB he ran the wrong way it looked like. But when he got the ball he looked impressive on one run.

  • Author
I can't answer your question. But I was wondering what they were doing under that tent myself when I first seen it. At times there were around 20 players huddled up there it seemed.

 

I don't care one way or another and im sure it's legal, or the wouldn't be doing it openly. But I am curious what the tent and video board was for and why aren't more schools using it?

 

 

Probably expensive.

How did Johnson Central lay an egg? Ashland got zero points on two red zone possessions.

 

They fumbled the first play from the line of scrimmage. Had numerous fumble opportunities (that JC recovered) that were play killers. Threw a horrible interception and had another interception dropped.

 

Johnson Central played about as poor as they have all season and won. That is laying an egg. I would not count on those breaks if I were Ashland in the rematch.

 

Now don't get me wrong Ashland is more than capable of beating JC if round 2 comes along. Anytime you have Baker you have a chance to big play yourself to a win, but Ashland got a lot of breaks tonight (How many delay of game penalties because Workman did not know the play clock? In the JC offense those are killers) and still came up short.

 

GREAT EFFORT by the Tomcats, but this may have been the best opportunity to get JC and they let it slip away.

I know there's a Hudl sideline thing, but I'm pretty sure it's legal (otherwise the refs would have noticed)

 

I don't know what the hudl deal is. But this looked more like a tent set up with video for coaching purposes. I'm sure it's not illegal, it was out in the open. But I'm curious if this is common practice in this state, because its the first time I've seen it.

  • Author
What is a Hudl sideline thing?

 

Hudl is the game film software the majority of high school teams use, and I am pretty sure they have a sideline system or whatever. It's just a quick way to view game film and see what is happening on the field to make adjustments on the fly.

Probably expensive.

 

Expensive is OK, as long as it serves a purpose. I'm just curious if anyone knows what exactly it was used for. JC fans?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.