Dontaie Allen 6'4" freshman From Pendleton County had a big summer!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd benefit greatly from a strong weight lifting program IMO. I think he'll always be the lean/thin type but I think he can use more muscle to be able to withstand contact better and maybe prevent other injuries. Just my opinion.

He's a legitimate 15 year old freshman. Only weight stuff he should be doing right now is pushups and body weight exercises.

He's a legitimate 15 year old freshman. Only weight stuff he should be doing right now is pushups and body weight exercises.

Ahh yes the "old school" because weights will stunt his growth, throw off his shot... right?

This also helps to show that you don't have to attend XYZ National Super Prep to get noticed as some people think/will lead you to believe. UK going to little Pendleton Co. to look at a kid. If you are good enough, they will find and come to YOU.

Well they "found" him bc he plays AAU on the shoe circuit. Its not like they were scouting him at the Pendleton Co/Robertson Co game! Sure, they drove to Falmouth to go check him out, but that's not where he was "found".

I think we should let the kid grow; mentally and physically. He is a good ball player at this point; and this is no knock on him because I'm a fan...but he has a LONG way to go before we start talking UK or anything of the sorts. If you're a fan; appreciate it and enjoy the ride.

Well they "found" him bc he plays AAU on the shoe circuit. Its not like they were scouting him at the Pendleton Co/Robertson Co game! Sure, they drove to Falmouth to go check him out, but that's not where he was "found".

My point being is you don't have to go to Huntington Prep or the like to further your chances like some would have you think. The coaches will come to the talent.

This also helps to show that you don't have to attend XYZ National Super Prep to get noticed as some people think/will lead you to believe. UK going to little Pendleton Co. to look at a kid. If you are good enough, they will find and come to YOU.

False narrative.

He had a good weekend last weekend in Dallas at the Adidas Uprising playing for Adidas sponsored Hoop Dreams. If you aren't attending XYZ National Super Prep then you better be playing for XYZ AAU Shoe sponsored team or you will not be seen by D-1 coaches.

If you aren't in Indianpolis or even Atlanta this weekend for either the EYBL,UA, Terrific 24 or The Gauntlet, you won't be at UK or any other high major program. Fact. Every D1 major and mid major staff will be in Indy this week. Any other AAU team is pointless this week.

Edited by AreLinz

If you aren't in Indianpolis or even Atlanta this weekend for either the EYBL,UA, Terrific 24 or The Gauntlet, you won't be at UK or any other high major program. Fact. Every D1 major and mid major staff will be in Indy this week. Any other AAU team is pointless this week.

What is Terrific 24? Never heard of it.

For almost 99% you are correct. But there some outliers like an Otto Porter.