Dontaie Allen 6'4" freshman From Pendleton County had a big summer!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think the kid is a legit D-I guy who will PLAY at that level. He will make enough money playing professionally (here or abroad) to live comfortably for the rest of his life, and creating generational wealth is certainly a viable outcome.

There are a lot of NBA players not named James, Bryant, Durant, etc. who still make millions by the time they are 30. Careers - while not 40+ years in duration - are extremely lucrative. I applied but was turned down for a job.

I hope he doesn't get sidetracked by injury - he is a special talent who will leave his mark on the game.

Wow! This is a huge problem for kids who think they have pro potential and don't cover their bases along the way. Kids need to make sure they take care of their education first, They need to have a plan for their future in case he is just another really nice 6'4" high school and college player.

I haven't heard of any academic issues, the kid dropping out of school to focus on his mid-range game, nor am I concerned about the kid not graduating high school. By all accounts he is a very solid human being.

AND an exceptional ball player. Be a naysayer if you like - I happen to think the kid (barring injury) will have an exceptional career playing basketball and make some money doing it.

My opinion - and I hope the kid continues to develop all his talents and be a good citizen, and when he gets done playing he finds something else he is passionate about and continues to contribute to his community and society as a whole.

And if he needs an agent...

Wow! This is a huge problem for kids who think they have pro potential and don't cover their bases along the way. Kids need to make sure they take care of their education first, They need to have a plan for their future in case he is just another really nice 6'4" high school and college player.

I haven't heard of any academic issues, the kid dropping out of school to focus on his mid-range game, nor am I concerned about the kid not graduating high school. By all accounts he is a very solid human being.

AND an exceptional ball player. Be a naysayer if you like - I happen to think the kid (barring injury) will have an exceptional career playing basketball and make some money doing it.

My opinion - and I hope the kid continues to develop all his talents and be a good citizen, and when he gets done playing he finds something else he is passionate about and continues to contribute to his community and society as a whole.

And if he needs an agent...

I've never seen the young man play. I've heard he is pretty good. A select few make it to the paid level. The academics I'm referencing would be the more logical next step of getting college paid for. He should focus on that first and IF the next step happens, so be it.

Good luck to him and I hope he doesn't disappoint any of his fans that are putting that extra pressure on him.

• 4 weeks later...

Lots (and lots) of Xavier interest. He is a special rare talent, but one thing that sets him apart is his demeanor IMO. In many games he gets ridden, grabbed, shoved, and a wide variety of other physical assaults that would constitute fouls against anyone else, and he NEVER reacts to it. He may go home and kick his dog, but I have never seen him react on the court.