44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and why?

• Newport Central Catholic
    • Covington Holy Cross

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCC big. Holy Cross has a nice WR in 2, and good back in 21 that they never give the ball too, and a good QB that makes plays. Three players aren't gonna win vs a quality team. NCC is as good as BW, and BW blew them out. HC needs to watch Ironton film. This spread they are trying to run is futile at best, they don't have the horses. That big kids they are trying to make a TB would be a good FB, but I don't see them changing. New Cath wins this going away.

NewCath should name the score in this one. They haven't been playing the big boys to let the little boys creep up on them. The fact that HC let Scott score 56 on them is all you need to know about any chances they have on Friday. Scott beat NewCath 8-7 on a fluke play when Smith was sitting. No way he doesn't make a huge difference in this game.

NCC fans - I need some roster help. I'm trying to load the Breds roster into my software for Friday night. I'm seeing different versions of the roster on KHSAA, Maxpreps, and the NCC athletic website. I think I can figure out most of the differences, such as sophomores without jersey numbers and freshmen who aren't listed. I try to add everybody, just in case an underclassman gets in late and records a stat. As the home team statistician, I try to be as accurate as possible for all the young men on both teams. Here are my questions:

1) I see two players with the number 6 on KHSAA. Is number 6 Ryan Hans or Trent Wrokbleski? Is Ryan Hans really number 14 (NCC site)? I assume Hans is the kicker.

2) What number is Bryson Hightchew? Is he 54 (KHSAA) or 55 (NCC site)? I see a freshman Jackson Smith as 54 on the NCC site.

I appreciate the help. I will not be at the game because I have a son getting married on Saturday and I could not convince them to move the rehearsal to Thursday. My assistant will be doing the stats the old fashioned way (with a book). I will try to catch up later and get a box score and play by play out later.

NCC fans - I need some roster help. I'm trying to load the Breds roster into my software for Friday night. I'm seeing different versions of the roster on KHSAA, Maxpreps, and the NCC athletic website. I think I can figure out most of the differences, such as sophomores without jersey numbers and freshmen who aren't listed. I try to add everybody, just in case an underclassman gets in late and records a stat. As the home team statistician, I try to be as accurate as possible for all the young men on both teams. Here are my questions:

1) I see two players with the number 6 on KHSAA. Is number 6 Ryan Hans or Trent Wrokbleski? Is Ryan Hans really number 14 (NCC site)? I assume Hans is the kicker.

2) What number is Bryson Hightchew? Is he 54 (KHSAA) or 55 (NCC site)? I see a freshman Jackson Smith as 54 on the NCC site.

I appreciate the help. I will not be at the game because I have a son getting married on Saturday and I could not convince them to move the rehearsal to Thursday. My assistant will be doing the stats the old fashioned way (with a book). I will try to catch up later and get a box score and play by play out later.

New Cath does something different with their numbers. It is always more of a challenge figuring out what numbers go with what players. However they usually have a very good media packet that should answer all your questions. You need to get a copy of that or have the person who handles their media get it to you