Covington Holy Cross vs Newport Central Catholic

HCalumni32

Who wins and why?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and why?

• Newport Central Catholic
    • Covington Holy Cross

True' date=' the HC defense allowed many more points than NCC allowed versus Scott. That being said, HC also scored many more points than NCC did versus Scott. This game might be closer than you think. [/quote']

Smith was also out for the Scott game. With him, that would have been a whole different game.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they still were scoring in bunches on Scott where NCC did not. Many NCC fans said that missing Smith wasn't a big deal before the game, but now it is a big deal. Which one is it? I do believe it was a big deal and the outcome probably would've been different. HC still put up some points and its difficult to over look that in a head to head comparison

Well, when you give up 8 touchdowns in a game, you get a lot more possessions. They didn't let Scott hold on to it very long.

I agree with you, but HC still put up big points against a pretty good Scott team, so that shouldn't be overlooked

Smith was also out for the Scott game. With him, that would have been a whole different game.

But they still were scoring in bunches on Scott where NCC did not. Many NCC fans said that missing Smith wasn't a big deal before the game, but now it is a big deal. Which one is it? I do believe it was a big deal and the outcome probably would've been different. HC still put up some points and its difficult to over look that in a head to head comparison

I predict that Lawrence has 5 sacks/TFLs. HC'S OLine did not impress me.

I agree with you. That is their weakpoint, imo. You would think a former all pro NFL lineman would coach his line and make them better, but for some reason, that doesn't happen at HC. The skill positions might be a wash, or a slight edge to HC. The line play is a huge advantage for NCC and that is why I think they will win, not a blowout. As for 5 sacks, that is a pretty strong prediction. He is really good, but 5 sacks? I won't give him that many. Hamilton Scott is too good of an athlete to get sacked that many times. He may cause several hurried throws or the ball to bounce, but 5 sacks is too many to say

I agree with you. That is there weakpoint, imo. You would think a former all pro NFL lineman would coach his line and make them better, but for some reason, that doesn't happen at HC. The skill positions might be a wash, or a slight edge to HC. The line play is a huge advantage for NCC and that is why I think they will win, not a blowout. As for 5 sacks, that is a pretty strong prediction. He is really good, but 5 sacks? I won't give him that many. Hamilton Scott is too good of an athlete to get sacked that many times. He may cause several hurried throws or the ball to bounce, but 5 sacks is too many to say

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The / was meant to mean that it would be a combination of sacks and TFL. They run that jet sweep action quite a bit w/ an option read. I see him penetrating right into that a few times, and I don't believe that he would be the "read" for the QB. That would be an issue.

Koz saw how Belfry handled Lawrence with the hard count. Expect more of the same in this game. Koz also has had the experience of his teams preparing for NC's running game. He knows Smith is most effective when he cuts back, especially when the weak side over pursues. He also knows not to kick it to him on special teams. I expect NC to win, but I don't think it's a blowout some are expecting.

Koz saw how Belfry handled Lawrence with the hard count. Expect more of the same in this game. Koz also has had the experience of his teams preparing for NC's running game. He knows Smith is most effective when he cuts back, especially when the weak side over pursues. He also knows not to kick it to him on special teams. I expect NC to win, but I don't think it's a blowout some are expecting.

That was the Conner game not the Belfry game. And I expect the Newcath coaches to line Smith and Hughes up one behind the other on kickoffs, like they've done previous games this year, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Breds D line will dominate this game. HC will not be able to get much on the ground. Give me John Harris running behind Kobe Tallon in the red zone and I'll take that all day long. Jake Smith is a good back but not so much in between the tackles. He is explosive on the outside and will get his 100+ this week. If HC keys on Smith and the Breds OC keeps being one dimensional with Smith it could be a decent game. Needs to use all his resources. I say Breds win 35-7