Covington Holy Cross vs Newport Central Catholic

HCalumni32

Who wins and why?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and why?

• Newport Central Catholic
    • Covington Holy Cross

Very true but Derrick Barnes (21) is coming off a big game with 18 tackles and I think him and the holy cross defense can hold him to under 100 to give them a chance to win and NCC has to stop the holy cross offense too which is not easy.

The NewCath defense held Scott to a questionable 8 points. HC held them to just 56.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true but Derrick Barnes (21) is coming off a big game with 18 tackles and I think him and the holy cross defense can hold him to under 100 to give them a chance to win and NCC has to stop the holy cross offense too which is not easy.

No doubt that Barnes is a key player for HC, but everyone keeps overlooking #21 John Harris for NCC. He's quick and along with Smith makes for quite the dual threat for NCC.

True, the HC defense allowed many more points than NCC allowed versus Scott. That being said, HC also scored many more points than NCC did versus Scott. This game might be closer than you think.

The NewCath defense held Scott to a questionable 8 points. HC held them to just 56.

Beechwood did anything they wanted to do on O. Ran it, threw it. Scott did anything they wanted on O. New Cath will do anything they want on O. HC will score some, but not nearly enough.

So are you assuming that NCC is as good as Beechwood? If so, what have you seen from NCC that could back up your theory? With that being said Jacob Smith is the most productive back in NKY and HC will have to contain him. Like I stated before if HC plays physical on offense they should win by 2tds. NCC will have a hell of a time stopping HC's offense.

No doubt that Barnes is a key player for HC, but everyone keeps overlooking #21 John Harris for NCC. He's quick and along with Smith makes for quite the dual threat for NCC.
yeah both teams have a pretty good duo on offense I just think this game will be a close high scoring game and very fun game to watch

So are you assuming that NCC is as good as Beechwood? If so, what have you seen from NCC that could back up your theory? With that being said Jacob Smith is the most productive back in NKY and HC will have to contain him. Like I stated before if HC plays physical on offense they should win by 2tds. NCC will have a hell of a time stopping HC's offense.

Yes. IMO Scott/BW/NCC are very similar. Scott hung 59 on HC. BW could have scored 70 easily if backups didn't play most of second half. You point of physicality is true, but I watched the BW game and the same offensive and defensive line that was manhandled the week before by Cov Cath did the same to HC. Wanting to be physical is one thing. Having the horses and desire to do it is another. 21 is a beast, but he can't do it alone. I don't think Scott or NCC have a passing threat QB in the mold of Fieger at BW, maybe that makes a difference if you can sell out to stop the run. NCC will be far more physical at the point of attack, I've watched both teams.

Yes. IMO Scott/BW/NCC are very similar. Scott hung 59 on HC. BW could have scored 70 easily if backups didn't play most of second half. You point of physicality is true, but I watched the BW game and the same offensive and defensive line that was manhandled the week before by Cov Cath did the same to HC. Wanting to be physical is one thing. Having the horses and desire to do it is another. 21 is a beast, but he can't do it alone. I don't think Scott or NCC have a passing threat QB in the mold of Fieger at BW, maybe that makes a difference if you can sell out to stop the run. NCC will be far more physical at the point of attack, I've watched both teams.

Well sir I beg to differ BW is heads and shoulders better than any team HC has faced this year. The Scott game got away from HC in the 4th because HC was leading until giving up 3 unanswered tds late in the game. So saying Scott hung 56 on us is a miss characterization of the dog fight that Scott was in. These are mostly the same players as last year but its not the same team. So it should be fun Friday nite.

Harris is doing good because every team is keying on Smith.

Really? I'd take Harris everyday of the week. Kid is a good ball player and a GREAT teammate. He makes the most of his ability and makes the other kids around him better. Stick to what you know, whatever that may be.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Fixing The Quote

Really? I'd take Harris everyday of the week. Kid is a good ball player and a GREAT teammate. He makes the most of his ability and makes the other kids around him better. Stick to what you know, whatever that may be.

NewCath is a different team with Smith in the game just look at the first 2 games. Did Harris score in those games?

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Fixing The Quote

True, the HC defense allowed many more points than NCC allowed versus Scott. That being said, HC also scored many more points than NCC did versus Scott. This game might be closer than you think.

Well, when you give up 8 touchdowns in a game, you get a lot more possessions. They didn't let Scott hold on to it very long.

You are right, Harris did not score. But if I remember correctly, Harris was given the chance and the ball was moved effectively. Smith does carry the ball well, but he is also given more opportunity inside the red zone than anyone else. Based on that, I would hope he has more td's. Referring to the first two games, the competition was a little different also. My point is, Harris has done an extremely good job and should be recognized more for his efforts, enough said.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just come back and own them Saturday. You made the same claims prior to BW game? Going as far as saying HCs skill players were better. In reality it couldn't have been more wrong. Then you disappeared for a few days, now here you are again. IMO NCC wins this going away. I will be concerned prior to BW game vs NCC. The thought of even a close game never entered my mind vs HC.