• Newport Central Catholic
    • Covington Holy Cross

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the "All A" final?? :banana:

:lol:

New Cath does something different with their numbers. It is always more of a challenge figuring out what numbers go with what players. However they usually have a very good media packet that should answer all your questions. You need to get a copy of that or have the person who handles their media get it to you

If you have never seen the NewCath media guide...YOU NEED TO!!!! Dave Schneider does an AWESOME job putting this together. It's as thick as the King James Bible and packed full of every season and career stat you can think of, as well as all the stats from every game this season and complete history record for each coach & opponent the Breds have played. An absolute treasure trove of info.

I got answers from one fan via private message. So unless somebody has serious disagreement, I'm going with the following.

Trent - 6

Ryan - 14

Bryson - 55

That would be correct.........I bet you have Onespiritedfan to thank?

HC is much better this year than they have been the last few years. I do not think they are ready to beat NCC like they did in 2011, but I think they will put up a good fight. No running clock in this one. NCC 35 HC 14

NCC fans - I need some roster help. I'm trying to load the Breds roster into my software for Friday night. I'm seeing different versions of the roster on KHSAA, Maxpreps, and the NCC athletic website. I think I can figure out most of the differences, such as sophomores without jersey numbers and freshmen who aren't listed. I try to add everybody, just in case an underclassman gets in late and records a stat. As the home team statistician, I try to be as accurate as possible for all the young men on both teams. Here are my questions:

1) I see two players with the number 6 on KHSAA. Is number 6 Ryan Hans or Trent Wrokbleski? Is Ryan Hans really number 14 (NCC site)? I assume Hans is the kicker.

2) What number is Bryson Hightchew? Is he 54 (KHSAA) or 55 (NCC site)? I see a freshman Jackson Smith as 54 on the NCC site.

I appreciate the help. I will not be at the game because I have a son getting married on Saturday and I could not convince them to move the rehearsal to Thursday. My assistant will be doing the stats the old fashioned way (with a book). I will try to catch up later and get a box score and play by play out later.

There are 5 Smith's on the team, with 2 sets of brothers. First set is #3 Jacob Smith (senior) & #4 Seth Smith (sophomore). Second set of brothers #50 Jacob Smith (junior), #66 Jarred Smith (sophmore) & #54 Jackson Smith (freshmen).

There are 5 Smith's on the team, with 2 sets of brothers. First set is #3 Jacob Smith (senior) & #4 Seth Smith (sophomore). Second set of brothers #50 Jacob Smith (junior), #66 Jarred Smith (sophmore) & #54 Jackson Smith (freshmen).

It's like Chin's in a Chinese phone book. LOL

The roster on NCC school website is the most up to date roster.

That's great to know, thanks! The KHSAA version needs some help!

That's a big IF......

Very true but Derrick Barnes (21) is coming off a big game with 18 tackles and I think him and the holy cross defense can hold him to under 100 to give them a chance to win and NCC has to stop the holy cross offense too which is not easy.