Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Holy Cross Charge Visiting Team Fans More?

Featured Replies

I usually work the fish fry as well... come through the line and ask who's giving away hush puppies... I might even give you TWO!

  • Replies 88
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is my first post on BGP. I stumbled on this forum while searching the web for something else and created an account specifically to respond. Holy Cross ticket prices are $6 adult and $4 Senior Citizen/Student. HC students get in free. The prices went up by $1 this year. Everyone was charged the same amount on Friday regardless of what team you support. I know this because I worked the gate. Some of the confusion may come from the Holmes sign outside the gate that lists the $5 price. In hindsight, after reading these posts, we should have made a poster to cover that. This is only the 2nd home game we've had this year. The first home game was against Taft and we didn't have any questions. All adults were $6. We did ask some people who were buying student tickets if they were HC students. We did this because last week we had quite a few HC freshman buy tickets not realizing they get in free. It was a mess when they came back to get a refund. The ticket stubs much match the gate money at the end of the night to confirm what I'm saying.

 

I also want to respond to the claim that people wouldn't allow Scott fans to sit where they want. Holmes is gracious to allow us to utilize their facilities. We choose the far right of the stands for our home fan section. Holmes uses the closest section to the door. We choose the far right because we can stay in the same place when we play Holmes. Sometimes the opposing team fans will come over the far right to sit because that is where they sit when they play Holmes. We do usually direct the fans to their section. People can sit wherever they want but most people choose to sit with their fans. I witnessed this encounter as well and no one was rude. It was simply "Hey did you know".

 

I'm confused on the hostility of the fans on this post. Scott and Holy Cross usually have a great relationship. Many of the students live in the same neighborhood, have played youth sports on the same team, some have been classmates and others are relatives. The boys on the field were very friendly with one another and you could see that from the stands. It was an AMAZING and fun game to watch. I personally feel that they gave me $6 worth.

Where is the "drop the mic" emoji?

OK in a nutshell, it this a KHSAA violation rule?

Where is the "drop the mic" emoji?

 

There website states different: Please contact Ms. Julian or your team liaison for purchase information.

 

Individual Athletic Event Admission Prices

•Adult Admission: $5.00

•Non HC Student and Senior Citizen: $3.00

•Under 6: Free

and there are plenty of Scott fans that can attest to this and witness with there own eyes HC adults paying less. Most students get in for reduced price or free at home .So if they made changes it is not reflected on their website. Explain that Justamom2.

This is my first post on BGP. I stumbled on this forum while searching the web for something else and created an account specifically to respond. Holy Cross ticket prices are $6 adult and $4 Senior Citizen/Student. HC students get in free. The prices went up by $1 this year. Everyone was charged the same amount on Friday regardless of what team you support. I know this because I worked the gate. Some of the confusion may come from the Holmes sign outside the gate that lists the $5 price. In hindsight, after reading these posts, we should have made a poster to cover that. This is only the 2nd home game we've had this year. The first home game was against Taft and we didn't have any questions. All adults were $6. We did ask some people who were buying student tickets if they were HC students. We did this because last week we had quite a few HC freshman buy tickets not realizing they get in free. It was a mess when they came back to get a refund. The ticket stubs much match the gate money at the end of the night to confirm what I'm saying.

 

I also want to respond to the claim that people wouldn't allow Scott fans to sit where they want. Holmes is gracious to allow us to utilize their facilities. We choose the far right of the stands for our home fan section. Holmes uses the closest section to the door. We choose the far right because we can stay in the same place when we play Holmes. Sometimes the opposing team fans will come over the far right to sit because that is where they sit when they play Holmes. We do usually direct the fans to their section. People can sit wherever they want but most people choose to sit with their fans. I witnessed this encounter as well and no one was rude. It was simply "Hey did you know".

 

I'm confused on the hostility of the fans on this post. Scott and Holy Cross usually have a great relationship. Many of the students live in the same neighborhood, have played youth sports on the same team, some have been classmates and others are relatives. The boys on the field were very friendly with one another and you could see that from the stands. It was an AMAZING and fun game to watch. I personally feel that they gave me $6 worth.

 

If I can help a local school by donating $1 at a high school football game, I will. I myself have no problem with the extra $1 ticket fee.

Most of the new people on BGP these days come to complain and starts fight...nice to see a solid post lile this from a newbie.

Nobody twisted your arm to pay your money and go in. Don't like the prices, turn around and go home. Who cares if the home team charged less for the home team supporters. Boo hoo.

So if they made changes it is not reflected on their website. Explain that Justamom2.

 

Yep. I saw that. What do you want me to say? I guess the website needs to get updated.

Holy Cross website has been updated with 2015 gate prices.

 

 

 

General Info for Sports Fans

 

Sports Passes

 

Sports passes are available in the office and at the gates.

 

Individual Pass: $30.00 for single season, $60.00 for all sports seasons, $10.00 for K-8 students

Family Pass: $80.00 for a single season (2 adult, and combination of 4 student/senior)

Family Pass: $140.00 for all sports (2 adults and combination of 4 student/senior)

Basketball Passes

 

Individual Pass: $30.00 for single season passes

Patron Pass: $100.00 (Reserved seating, name guard, refreshment and snack during game.)

Patron Pass Renewal: $60.00 (Reserved seating with backs)

Please contact Ms. Julian or your team liaison for purchase information.

 

Individual Athletic Event Admission Prices

 

Adult Admission: $6.00

Non HC Student and Senior Citizen: $4.00

HC Students: Free

Under 6: Free

This is my first post on BGP. I stumbled on this forum while searching the web for something else and created an account specifically to respond. Holy Cross ticket prices are $6 adult and $4 Senior Citizen/Student. HC students get in free. The prices went up by $1 this year. Everyone was charged the same amount on Friday regardless of what team you support. I know this because I worked the gate. Some of the confusion may come from the Holmes sign outside the gate that lists the $5 price. In hindsight, after reading these posts, we should have made a poster to cover that. This is only the 2nd home game we've had this year. The first home game was against Taft and we didn't have any questions. All adults were $6. We did ask some people who were buying student tickets if they were HC students. We did this because last week we had quite a few HC freshman buy tickets not realizing they get in free. It was a mess when they came back to get a refund. The ticket stubs much match the gate money at the end of the night to confirm what I'm saying.

 

I also want to respond to the claim that people wouldn't allow Scott fans to sit where they want. Holmes is gracious to allow us to utilize their facilities. We choose the far right of the stands for our home fan section. Holmes uses the closest section to the door. We choose the far right because we can stay in the same place when we play Holmes. Sometimes the opposing team fans will come over the far right to sit because that is where they sit when they play Holmes. We do usually direct the fans to their section. People can sit wherever they want but most people choose to sit with their fans. I witnessed this encounter as well and no one was rude. It was simply "Hey did you know".

 

I'm confused on the hostility of the fans on this post. Scott and Holy Cross usually have a great relationship. Many of the students live in the same neighborhood, have played youth sports on the same team, some have been classmates and others are relatives. The boys on the field were very friendly with one another and you could see that from the stands. It was an AMAZING and fun game to watch. I personally feel that they gave me $6 worth.

 

Not sure this is wholly accurate...in fact, I think there has been quite a bit of hostility over the years between these two schools' programs. I specifically recall an incident a few years ago when a Scott girls bball player transfered to HC, and was then promptly assaulted by another HC girls bball player and sent to the hospital.

Not a big deal if they do; most small colleges let students in for free so that could be the way some high schools are headed.

 

Maybe irrelevant, but years back I went to my brother's freshman basketball game at Elder in Cincinnati. I got a soda and snack from the concession stand and went back towards the gym to watch the game, but I was stopped and told I must finish the soda and snack before re-entering. When I pointed out that the fans over there all had sodas, I was told my mom and I could not bring our drinks in the gym because "You're not Elder people."

That has nothing to do with charging more to get in the football game. If you know the story you would know that 3 girls jumped the one girl, real classy move!

That has nothing to do with charging more to get in the football game. If you know the story you would know that 3 girls jumped the one girl, real classy move!

???

When HC hosts SK there's one question:

 

You friends with #UK #1Fan?

 

Now that's funny.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.