Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Holy Cross Charge Visiting Team Fans More?

Featured Replies

It's not about the $1! It's about the arrogance and it's embarrassing.

 

Nice hospitality.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gotta admit that I've never heard of this practice at any level, amateur or professional.

 

This just in from Paul Brown Stadium......the Bengals announce new ticket prices. :lol2:

This just in from Paul Brown Stadium......the Bengals announce new ticket prices. :lol2:

 

 

I was thinking that they could make a small fortune when the Steelers come to town.

I was thinking that they could make a small fortune when the Steelers come to town.

 

Yes they would.

Scott is coming to Mason County on Friday and I promise you we will charge you the same as Mason Fans!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Scott is coming to Mason County on Friday and I promise you we will charge you the same as Mason Fans!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

 

Do they sell popcorn at the football games???

What bothers me is that fans are being asked to pay more than $5 for a HS game. Schools want to know why they don't have crowds. This is why! If you have a family of 5, like i do and one of my kids is playing somewhere and i have to pay for the rest of the family to get in, it cost me $16 usually. $5 for 2 adults and $3 for 2 students. Do that 2-4 times in a week for a month (12 times) and i have dropped $192 in a month for HS games. That seems awful expensive to me for families. Fortunately, i am blessed and we can afford it!

When HC hosts SK there's one question:

 

You friends with #UK #1Fan?

Do they sell popcorn at the football games???

 

Oh, Yea!

This is my first post on BGP. I stumbled on this forum while searching the web for something else and created an account specifically to respond. Holy Cross ticket prices are $6 adult and $4 Senior Citizen/Student. HC students get in free. The prices went up by $1 this year. Everyone was charged the same amount on Friday regardless of what team you support. I know this because I worked the gate. Some of the confusion may come from the Holmes sign outside the gate that lists the $5 price. In hindsight, after reading these posts, we should have made a poster to cover that. This is only the 2nd home game we've had this year. The first home game was against Taft and we didn't have any questions. All adults were $6. We did ask some people who were buying student tickets if they were HC students. We did this because last week we had quite a few HC freshman buy tickets not realizing they get in free. It was a mess when they came back to get a refund. The ticket stubs much match the gate money at the end of the night to confirm what I'm saying.

 

I also want to respond to the claim that people wouldn't allow Scott fans to sit where they want. Holmes is gracious to allow us to utilize their facilities. We choose the far right of the stands for our home fan section. Holmes uses the closest section to the door. We choose the far right because we can stay in the same place when we play Holmes. Sometimes the opposing team fans will come over the far right to sit because that is where they sit when they play Holmes. We do usually direct the fans to their section. People can sit wherever they want but most people choose to sit with their fans. I witnessed this encounter as well and no one was rude. It was simply "Hey did you know".

 

I'm confused on the hostility of the fans on this post. Scott and Holy Cross usually have a great relationship. Many of the students live in the same neighborhood, have played youth sports on the same team, some have been classmates and others are relatives. The boys on the field were very friendly with one another and you could see that from the stands. It was an AMAZING and fun game to watch. I personally feel that they gave me $6 worth.

^ Welcome @Justamom2 to BGP and thanks for your post!

This is my first post on BGP. I stumbled on this forum while searching the web for something else and created an account specifically to respond. Holy Cross ticket prices are $6 adult and $4 Senior Citizen/Student. HC students get in free. The prices went up by $1 this year. Everyone was charged the same amount on Friday regardless of what team you support. I know this because I worked the gate. Some of the confusion may come from the Holmes sign outside the gate that lists the $5 price. In hindsight, after reading these posts, we should have made a poster to cover that. This is only the 2nd home game we've had this year. The first home game was against Taft and we didn't have any questions. All adults were $6. We did ask some people who were buying student tickets if they were HC students. We did this because last week we had quite a few HC freshman buy tickets not realizing they get in free. It was a mess when they came back to get a refund. The ticket stubs much match the gate money at the end of the night to confirm what I'm saying.

 

I also want to respond to the claim that people wouldn't allow Scott fans to sit where they want. Holmes is gracious to allow us to utilize their facilities. We choose the far right of the stands for our home fan section. Holmes uses the closest section to the door. We choose the far right because we can stay in the same place when we play Holmes. Sometimes the opposing team fans will come over the far right to sit because that is where they sit when they play Holmes. We do usually direct the fans to their section. People can sit wherever they want but most people choose to sit with their fans. I witnessed this encounter as well and no one was rude. It was simply "Hey did you know".

 

I'm confused on the hostility of the fans on this post. Scott and Holy Cross usually have a great relationship. Many of the students live in the same neighborhood, have played youth sports on the same team, some have been classmates and others are relatives. The boys on the field were very friendly with one another and you could see that from the stands. It was an AMAZING and fun game to watch. I personally feel that they gave me $6 worth.

Great first post! Welcome to BGP

This is my first post on BGP. I stumbled on this forum while searching the web for something else and created an account specifically to respond. Holy Cross ticket prices are $6 adult and $4 Senior Citizen/Student. HC students get in free. The prices went up by $1 this year. Everyone was charged the same amount on Friday regardless of what team you support. I know this because I worked the gate. Some of the confusion may come from the Holmes sign outside the gate that lists the $5 price. In hindsight' date=' after reading these posts, we should have made a poster to cover that. This is only the 2nd home game we've had this year. The first home game was against Taft and we didn't have any questions. All adults were $6. We did ask some people who were buying student tickets if they were HC students. We did this because last week we had quite a few HC freshman buy tickets not realizing they get in free. It was a mess when they came back to get a refund. The ticket stubs much match the gate money at the end of the night to confirm what I'm saying. I also want to respond to the claim that people wouldn't allow Scott fans to sit where they want. Holmes is gracious to allow us to utilize their facilities. We choose the far right of the stands for our home fan section. Holmes uses the closest section to the door. We choose the far right because we can stay in the same place when we play Holmes. Sometimes the opposing team fans will come over the far right to sit because that is where they sit when they play Holmes. We do usually direct the fans to their section. People can sit wherever they want but most people choose to sit with their fans. I witnessed this encounter as well and no one was rude. It was simply "Hey did you know". I'm confused on the hostility of the fans on this post. Scott and Holy Cross usually have a great relationship. Many of the students live in the same neighborhood, have played youth sports on the same team, some have been classmates and others are relatives. The boys on the field were very friendly with one another and you could see that from the stands. It was an AMAZING and fun game to watch. I personally feel that they gave me $6 worth.[/quote']

 

 

Does this mean Ann will not be giving out the free hush puppy at the fish fry?

 

Thanks for the info.

Well this should put this issue to bed......

 

This is my first post on BGP. I stumbled on this forum while searching the web for something else and created an account specifically to respond. Holy Cross ticket prices are $6 adult and $4 Senior Citizen/Student. HC students get in free. The prices went up by $1 this year. Everyone was charged the same amount on Friday regardless of what team you support. I know this because I worked the gate. Some of the confusion may come from the Holmes sign outside the gate that lists the $5 price. In hindsight, after reading these posts, we should have made a poster to cover that. This is only the 2nd home game we've had this year. The first home game was against Taft and we didn't have any questions. All adults were $6. We did ask some people who were buying student tickets if they were HC students. We did this because last week we had quite a few HC freshman buy tickets not realizing they get in free. It was a mess when they came back to get a refund. The ticket stubs much match the gate money at the end of the night to confirm what I'm saying.

 

I also want to respond to the claim that people wouldn't allow Scott fans to sit where they want. Holmes is gracious to allow us to utilize their facilities. We choose the far right of the stands for our home fan section. Holmes uses the closest section to the door. We choose the far right because we can stay in the same place when we play Holmes. Sometimes the opposing team fans will come over the far right to sit because that is where they sit when they play Holmes. We do usually direct the fans to their section. People can sit wherever they want but most people choose to sit with their fans. I witnessed this encounter as well and no one was rude. It was simply "Hey did you know".

 

I'm confused on the hostility of the fans on this post. Scott and Holy Cross usually have a great relationship. Many of the students live in the same neighborhood, have played youth sports on the same team, some have been classmates and others are relatives. The boys on the field were very friendly with one another and you could see that from the stands. It was an AMAZING and fun game to watch. I personally feel that they gave me $6 worth.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.