Arby's employee refuses to serve a Police Officer

PurplePride92

Every Cop and their family should boycott Arbys

Disagree...if they do, then they are no better with their views / opinions of Arby's than this kid was with police officers. It is EXACTLY the same if the police do this.

I think most of society understands the role of the police in our society, and most police officers understand their role in service to society...within each group there are individual people that have opinions about what those roles are, most are good, some are not.

If your interactions with the police have not been necessarily positive, then likely your future interactions are not going to trend that direction. We can't assume that just because somebody is in law enforcement that we should all have 100% respect for them, just like people in society.

This was a huge teachable moment for the kid...only time tells what he learned.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to start somewhere.

Black lives matter happened over a thief and lie.

You are so misguided it's funny at this point. :lol2:

If you want to rally people to boycott over the actions of a teenager that works at a fast food joint, have at it. Good luck finding folks to back you up on that.

Typical modern conservative... Just looking for something to be offended by.

The guy acted like an idiot. The manager told him to run the card and then the manager served the guy. Once the story got to corporate, everyone was reprimanded and the company clarified that such behavior is unacceptable. The officer accepted the apology according to the article. That's good enough for me.

Please, don't let the truth get in the way of a good firing. :thumb:

The guy acted like an idiot. The manager told him to run the card and then the manager served the guy. Once the story got to corporate, everyone was reprimanded and the company clarified that such behavior is unacceptable. The officer accepted the apology according to the article. That's good enough for me.

I agree with everything you said but the bolded. I would argue that there are just as many on the left who try to be professional victims and look for anything they can find to be victimized by.

Gal. The cop was a lady.

As far as the kid who wouldn't serve the officer, I'd have a hard time not firing him. Sounded like the manager handled it correctly. Also impressed with the CEO calling the police chief to apologize.

If I'm going to boycott ANY company over the actions of one misguided employee, I'm pretty sure I'll be naked, hungry, and I will have no stuff.

I certainly would not be able to have any channels on my TV other than the 3 networks.

Smart moves by the manager and the CEO. The reason most restaurants cater to police is to make sure they are keeping an eye on your shop. Wouldn't want to offend the people protecting your business.

When my dad was an officer I seem to remember him saying some restaurants offered discounts to officers.

When my dad was an officer I seem to remember him saying some restaurants offered discounts to officers.

When I was in High School I worked at a place that made sure they let the cops know Coffee was on the house. Owner liked cops on the late night shift hanging out inside.