Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Decision Day. What will she do?

What will Kim Davis do today? 31 members have voted

  1. 1. What will Kim Davis do today?

    • Continue to deny marriage licenses, and go to jail.
      74%
    • Resign
      9%
    • Close her office
      9%
    • Issue Licenses
      0%
      0
    • Other. Please explain
      6%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Her? Who?

 

Never mind. Starting a new thread.

  • Replies 509
  • Views 45.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And my opinion is worth nothing since it dont fit your/someones agenda/belief.

I will lose no sleep if no one ever replies back to me or quotes me.

 

Your response to rockmom indicates that you severely missed understanding the context in which she made this comment.

Your response to rockmom indicates that you severely missed understanding the context in which she made this comment.

 

I may have misunderstood. If so my bad.

Usually all bad stuff is directed at me so I am guilty of assuming.

Again my bad.

Where do the "hey hey ho ho" and "what do we want...when do we want it " chants rate on the Tiresome/Lame Scale?

 

I'm with you Clyde, and I'm embarrassed by it. You'd think that they'd be a little more creative than that, and come up with something not so stale and tired.

I have a simple non-scandolous question for anyone who might know the answer, and it literally requires no salivating fangs, or the sharpening of claws.

 

I've never really given it much thought until now, but I've always sorta wondered.

 

Why is a country clerk position an elected position?

 

Perhaps there's more to the duties and responsibilities than I'm aware of, but what makes such a repetitive mundane clerical job require that the clerk be elected?

 

Most elected officials are in positions where they're likely to be making important decisions for their particular municipality, and citizens will vote them into office to represent them.

 

Are there normally decisions of any caliber from big to small being made by county clerks that would make it necessary for citizens to carefully decide who they want in that position?

 

If not, then why isn't this position much like any other office position where worthy employees are awarded promotions if their work history shows that they are deserving?

 

Also, I don't know how this is in other counties, but typically in Kenton County, I don't recall a person running for the Clerk position ever having any competition on the ballot. It's usually just their name alone where you either vote for them, or you don't.

Sign at courthouse.

 

[ATTACH]52157[/ATTACH]

 

Case.In.Point. Thumpin' Bibles.

Case.In.Point. Thumpin' Bibles.

 

Embarrassing.

Sign at courthouse.

 

[ATTACH]52157[/ATTACH]

 

As a Christian who is opposed to homosexuality and gay marriage, that kind of stuff is really frustrating. Or as Papa said, embarrassing.

I'm with you Clyde, and I'm embarrassed by it. You'd think that they'd be a little more creative than that, and come up with something not so stale and tired.

 

The same sex marriage supporters were the group chanting this.....not the Davis supporters.

Look close at the sign in the back from the same sex marriage supporters. Wish I could get this and the videos on here I took with my phone today. Some of you would be singing a different tune about who is acting civil.........

I saw this guy today....it was getting heated. He had just been cussed like a dog.....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.