6A Lafayette @ Trinity

Who wins?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lafayette
    • Trinity

I have watched these players for 2 to 3 years at Lafayette. They are capable of putting up 35 points against any team in KY, including Trinity.

Not going to change my mind. With all of the money that Trinity has, shouldn't you have a dossier on every athlete at Lafayette?

Lafayette was ranked #1 ,075 in the US by MaxPreps prior to their huge win over Mercer County. Trinity was #45 in the US in same poll. :thumb:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched these players for 2 to 3 years at Lafayette. They are capable of putting up 35 points against any team in KY, including Trinity.

Not going to change my mind. With all of the money that Trinity has, shouldn't you have a dossier on every athlete at Lafayette?

As Coach Boone stated in Remember the Titans " you must be outside your mind!"

Well that at least is a semblance of a rationale thank you. So you are a parent or involved with the team. I commend your support.

Lafayette has some nice talent and is a good team but no one in Kentucky except maybe Male can compete with Trinity this year. Just too much talent, too much depth and great coaching makes it too difficult for teams in Kentucky to compete with them.

When is the last time you saw Trinity (or any team that has beaten Trinity) in person? Have you seen them this year?

I just get the feeling this one could get really ugly quick. T just got finished playing Ensworth and then went to Brentwood Academy (Top 100 school in America) and won by more than 2 TDs. Lafayette beat Paul Dunbar (2 2015 Ls by a total of 90-27) and Mercer Co (2 2015 Ls by a total of 108-33). If (when) T gets up early, it will be a long, long ride home. T-62 L-14

wpid-einstein.jpeg?w=350&h=200&crop=1

There is a species of fish that climbs trees. https://quantumbiologist.wordpress.com/2011/01/28/the-fish-that-climb-trees/

However, I don't quite get how your comment applies here. We should not expect Lafayette to be nationally ranked? If they are good enough to beat Trinity then why not? Scott County and Male were ranked higher than Trinity in 2013. They were better teams that year and deserved it.

Trinity enters this week's contest with a 4-1 won-loss record all-time versus the Generals.

The Shamrocks won 37-7 in 1977, lost 24-21 in 1978, won 28-7 in 1985 State Championship game, won 56-6 in 2007 and 65-0 in 2008.

Do you happen to know if the 77-78 and 07-08 games were regular season or playoff?

I find it extremely hilarious that someone offers an opinion / prediction on a message board and gets lambasted for it.

Let's be honest, Trinity should win this game and it shouldn't be close but you play to win the game.

LL - 24

UT - 41