66 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lafayette
    • Trinity

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You already know the answer to that... At least I do.

How can a person be wrong on a prediction of a 1 point victory by Lafayette against a nationally ranked team?

Lafayette has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

You rich dudes from da Ville are losing your focus.

How can a person be wrong on a prediction of a 1 point victory by Lafayette against a nationally ranked team?

Ummm, if Lafayette doesn't win? :lol2:

Unless you are saying you're okay with a moral victory. If that's the case, that's all you had to say.

Ummm, if Lafayette doesn't win? :lol2:

Unless you are saying you're okay with a moral victory. If that's the case, that's all you had to say.

Rhetorical question.

Guess you didn't see that.

I predicted a game. No more. No less. Get over yourselves.

I predicted a game. No more. No less. Get over yourselves.

I'm not affiliated with Trinity in any way, other than following them because of other members on the board.

If you were only trying to predict that it would be a good game (that wasn't the case, you were trying to stir the pot, well done), all you had to say was "This will be closer than many think," followed by reasons why, which you STILL haven't done.

Good luck to Lafayette, and here's to an injury free contest tomorrow night.

GRC as in George Rogers Clark? Whens the last time you actually saw a GOOD football team?

I know that GRC is the ONLY public school to have ever defeated Trinity and St. X in back-to-back weeks.

The year was 1991.

So more than two decades ago? Chuckle, regardless you are incorrect to state that GRC is the only public school to have ever done that. Male did it in the 2014 season with an Oct. 10th victory over St. X (30-13) and an Oct. 17th win against Trinity (35-34).

EDIT: And if you specifically meant in the play-offs, Male has done that too. In 2013 they beat St. X in round two and Trinity in round three.

Lafayette has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

You rich dudes from da Ville are losing your focus.

Plenty to lose, pride, dignity, and self respect after getting their butts waxed. On the other hand, I do agree that there is something to gain. Lafayette will gain a new understanding on what it feels like being taken to the woodshed on the football field by us rich dudes in da ville.

Man T fans are rough.... So think they are really dialed up for this one. Look guys your team is the evil empire to everyone and THE program in Kentucky. Its OK for him to want another team to win.

I'm entirely fine with being the evil empire (though usually I refer to us the 'Final Boss') and him rooting for his team. However, he made an unusual prediction and when a couple of us sought an explanation he reacted with snide remarks and no justification. He's clearly stirring the pot, and while I am one of the chief culprits in letting him do so, the reactions have not been unreasonable.

When someone makes a ridiculous or incorrect statement on a message board I see nothing wrong with pointing that out.

I know that GRC is the ONLY public school to have ever defeated Trinity and St. X in back-to-back weeks.

The year was 1991.

If you're a reporter then you know what research is. Male did it TWICE just 2 years ago. SO much for your expertise.

NEXT

1991 may also have been the last year that the eastern part of the state saw good football in the biggest class.

It's also OK for Trinity fans to return fire.

Agreed. This is a public forum and free to participate in the discussions.

I absolutely love how many believe he's stirring the pot but can't let it go. I wonder why so many T fans get the side eye from other fan bases, especially around Tha Ville (that's hilarious). If you beat T, albeit not frequently done, people around town are excited. MOST Trinity fans get mad when folks celebrate after defeating the Evil Empire.

Not saying Lafayette will win but coaches and players work too hard at the majority of the programs around the state to not feel good about their chances to win against any team.

Agreed. This is a public forum that and free to participate in the discussions.

I absolutely love how many believe he's stirring the pot but can't let it go. I wonder why so many T fans get the side eye from other fan bases, especially around Tha Ville (that's hilarious). If you beat T, albeit not frequently done, people around town are excited. MOST Trinity fans get mad when folks celebrate after defeating the Evil Empire.

Not saying Lafayette will win but coaches and players work too hard at the majority of the programs around the state to not feel good about their chances to win against any team.

In my case my only criticism is based around the fact that he is giving a prediction with no rationale. Extraordinary claims require equivalent evidence. Claiming that Lafayette will put up 35 on this defense is an extraordinary claim, all I want is an explanation of why.

If it is a prediction with the heart not the head, that is fine, I just want it clearly stated. If it is based in some form of logic then I am simply requesting an explanation of said logic.

That is the only criticism I will levy is based on that standard.