Has Cincinnati and Indianapolis passed St. Louis?

CincySportsFan

Came across this, this morning...and while I'm no big fan of Joe Buck, I do applaud him taking it to an NFL owner who is crying the "Woe is me" routine.

Joe Buck goes all in on Rams owner Stan Kroenke in Twitter rant

But, for the purpose of this thread, I wanted to focus on one particular tweet he posted...

My opinion: take the NFL out of Stl and our downtown has no impetus for change. Indy and Cincy have passed us by. It's bigger than football — Joe Buck (@Buck) August 25, 2015

I have not been to Indy in several years, and haven't been through St. Louis since I was a kid (many moons ago), so I can't personally attest to this. But, I know Cincinnati has made some great strides with the Banks and a couple of other downtown projects over the years.

So, for those of you who've been to all three cities recently...has Cincy and Indy passed by St. Louis?

The ONLY part of St. Louis that is worth any type of dollar for entertainment is Ball Park Village. Kind of similar to the Banks but much more focused on the Cardinals. Better than anything Indy has (that I've been too).

Personally having been to all 3 but spending most time in Cincy, I would put Cincy way ahead of both. Indy and St. Louis are 2A and 2B.

Indy would top the 3 cities. As many strides as Cincinnati has made, it's still catching up to Indy. Indy was just designed better to host events/have downtown be a destination. Tons of restaurants, bars, shopping, hotels - and all within walking distance of Convention center/football stadium/indoor arena. Heck, there's even a mall downtown that people go to.

Indy would top the 3 cities. As many strides as Cincinnati has made, it's still catching up to Indy. Indy was just designed better to host events/have downtown be a destination. Tons of restaurants, bars, shopping, hotels - and all within walking distance of Convention center/football stadium/indoor arena. Heck, there's even a mall downtown that people go to.

I agree with Dallas.

It would be Indy.....Cincy......................St. Louis.

When I was in St. Louis last year, I blown away by the fact that outside a couple blocks north of ballpark village, there's just nothing happening in downtown St. Louis. For a city of that size, it's a dead zone.

How many blocks north of the stadiums is it safe to travel in Cincinnati? The immediate area around downtown Indy seems be much safer for out of towners than the others two, if they were to wonder a little off of the beaten path.

How many blocks north of the stadiums is it safe to travel in Cincinnati? The immediate area around downtown Indy seems be much safer for out of towners than the others two, if they were to wonder a little off of the beaten path.

Fair point, but I'm more willing to wander up into OTR far more than I ever was a decade ago. I don't see that same change in St. Louis.

Here is what makes a downtown succesful and fun for me. Indy has always been a blast for me to visit and it's just like Nashville. The reason is because you can get out of your car wherever and just walk to all the venues and bars you want to visit for a night. Everything is in walking distance. That was something Cincinnati has lacked for the longest time since I was a kid and you could take the bus to the terminal across the suspension bridge and just walk downtown to the shops etc. Now with At the Banks, Cincinnati has finally done what was needed for decades. I went downtown at the banks for the first time last weekend and had a blast. Walked around the park, sat on the swings on the river bank and then stopped in a restaurant and had a bite before the Reds game. Had a blast. I applaud Cincinnati for finally gettig close to what Indy and Nashville offer.

To have a downtown area where one can walk around place to place is #1 for me and The Bans finally accomplished this.

Downtown Indy is very nice. Not my favorite city in the country, but definitely top 10. It's hard for me to rate Cincy since I'm there so much, and I probably take a lot for granted. I can say it's certainly a lot nicer than it was when I moved here nearly 20 years ago. I haven't been to St Louis since 2009, and I agree, it is one of the more disappointing cities I've visited. While downtown was ok, and I felt safe, there really just wasn't much to do or see. The Cardinals weren't in town, and it was just completely dead and empty.