Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Suggs is just dirty

Featured Replies

  • Author
Cut is cut...going for the knees, is going for the knees

 

No it's not and you know it's not. Or at least I hope you know it's not.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
But the play call does seem to give him an opportunity to tackle the QB. Every defender in the league is going to test Bradford's legs when given an opportunity like that. They truly should just put QBs in a red jersey and be done with it.
Yep, QBs are protected. I don't agree with the poor interpretation of the rule either. Personally, I think Ben gets killed and gets few flags tossed in his favor, but I'm biased in that regard. But that one was cheap. I can't be convinced otherwise. Watched it 50 times. He even appears to drop after he realizes the ball is gone. Freakin cheap.

So you are the Eagles and you call a read option with quarterback that has been out 2 years with knee injuries, and you are calling out Suggs?

  • Author
So you are the Eagles and you call a read option with quarterback that has been out 2 years with knee injuries, and you are calling out Suggs?

You're pretty sharp. Yes.

Please, the ball was long out and he goes low. Freakin cheap. No other word for it. Ball so hard my butt. Weak. If it takes a former NFL Defensive POY that long to diagnose that the ball was gone, you don't know what you're watching.

 

Plus his comment after the game about Bradford's injuries all but said that's what he was after.

I'm still a bit undecided here. You prevent the read option by crushing the QB. Plain and simple. This is getting more focus than it should have. Main reason is because its Bradford and Suggs. If Suggs would have just oblitorated Bradford I'd been ok with it. Problem is if you hit high anymore its a flag. Which leaves lower body shots. Thats when we come full circle on all of this.

Suggs barely hit him. Looked like he was thinking it was a run. Bad call ref!

Don't put a QB in that situation. Read-option? With Bradford? That's a disaster waiting to happen.

 

And no, I am not a football savant. I don't know the intricacies of the game, the formations and all of the ins and outs of football. I do know you're supposed to tackle the guy with the ball but nowadays if you tackle the guy too hard and now apparently too low then it is flag. That's weak as hell.

 

OMG twice in the same week we agree. Snow tomorrow?

I'm still a bit undecided here. You prevent the read option by crushing the QB. Plain and simple. This is getting more focus than it should have. Main reason is because its Bradford and Suggs. If Suggs would have just oblitorated Bradford I'd been ok with it. Problem is if you hit high anymore its a flag. Which leaves lower body shots. Thats when we come full circle on all of this.

 

Suggs was a step and a half away from taking the handoff himself.

  • Author
Suggs was a step and a half away from taking the handoff himself.

And then went low. No biggie.

I don't think it was dirty. Running the read option with Bradford is dumb anyway, especially in the pre season.

I just don't think Suggs was close to making a play on the option. He weirdly dove in low a good beat or two after the ball was handed off (and Bradford wasn't really convincing as a run threat there) then commented after the game about how it was Kelly's fault for allowing his QB to be exposed to him. All together it seemed like he was deliberately trying to make a statement.

I just don't think Suggs was close to making a play on the option. He weirdly dove in low a good beat or two after the ball was handed off (and Bradford wasn't really convincing as a run threat there) then commented after the game about how it was Kelly's fault for allowing his QB to be exposed to him. All together it seemed like he was deliberately trying to make a statement.

 

I think he was making a statement but I don't think it was dirty. Fair game IMO. If I am playing basketball and the guy I am guarding is fresh off of a cast on his dribbling hand I'm using two good fouls to see how strong his hand is. I'll slap the crap out of him going for a steal. :D

Just say you hate the Ravens. That wasn't a cheap shot. And they may as well just put a red jersey on the QB. If Bradford had held on to the ball it would have been a great play. Kids are taught to tackle runners by the legs. That's what he did. For all of the talk about this hit I expected to see him going helmet first into Bradford.

 

I'm still a bit undecided here. You prevent the read option by crushing the QB. Plain and simple. This is getting more focus than it should have. Main reason is because its Bradford and Suggs. If Suggs would have just oblitorated Bradford I'd been ok with it. Problem is if you hit high anymore its a flag. Which leaves lower body shots. Thats when we come full circle on all of this.

 

1. Yes, I hate the Ravens (I'm a Browns fan, 'nough said on that).

 

2. With all the rules favoring quarterbacks I think they should just put a dress on 'em and be done with it. Can't hit a quarterback any where any more.

 

3. Suggs didn't need to go low. But it is as former Browns safety, TJ Ward, said about the rules regarding hitting WRs, they force us to go low and it will end up causing more knee injuries. I think the full circle comment is right on.

 

Now I will go look up the word "savant," PP.

According to Golic, you can call it a cheap shot if you want, but no way a flag should be thrown.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.