August 24, 201511 yr QB's are overly protected in the NFL. Everybody knows that, including Suggs. Again, the type of play is irrelevant, IMO. If Suggs HAD to hit him (he didn't...), he could have hit and wrapped him up top. Instead he chose to go low. Dirty, IMO.
August 25, 201511 yr Is it just me? I didn't see it as a big deal. It was an arm tackle...so what it was around his legs and near his knees....so what?!?! I think too many people whining over nothing. The penalty shouldn't have been called and the ones complaining that it was dirty needs to put on their big boy pants or go watch figure skating.
August 25, 201511 yr Author Is it just me? I didn't see it as a big deal. It was an arm tackle...so what it was around his legs and near his knees....so what?!?! I think too many people whining over nothing. The penalty shouldn't have been called and the ones complaining that it was dirty needs to put on their big boy pants or go watch figure skating. Dear God, from the king of it. This is the most classic thing you've ever typed.
August 25, 201511 yr I would have had a problem with it if he put his shoulder or helmet into the knee, he didn't, it was all arm tackle and nothing more.
August 25, 201511 yr Is it just me? I didn't see it as a big deal. It was an arm tackle...so what it was around his legs and near his knees....so what?!?! I think too many people whining over nothing. The penalty shouldn't have been called and the ones complaining that it was dirty needs to put on their big boy pants or go watch figure skating. Is the quarterback position the most protected in the league? Could he have avoided contact? If he couldn't have avoided contact, could he not have hit him standing up?
August 25, 201511 yr Author I would have had a problem with it if he put his shoulder or helmet into the knee, he didn't, it was all arm tackle and nothing more.The ball was gone. They had practiced against one another prior. His comments showed it was premeditated. It's the preseason and you have a guy who everyone on the planet knows has missed gobs of time from ACLs. Yeah, it was cool. If you think for one second that Suggs didn't know what he was doing you're fooling yourself. It has nothing to do with leading with the helmet. It's whatever.
August 25, 201511 yr I guess he could have just stood straight up and threw his hands in the air and say "You Win" I guess I forgot this is not tackle football. My bad. Also I never said Suggs didn't know what he was doing, if he didn't maybe he puts his shoulder into his knee. Oh wait, that didn't happen.
August 25, 201511 yr Sam Bradfaord had 2 knee surgeries already....hmmmm, maybe Sam should stop playing football if anytime someone breathes on his knee's is flagged. Maybe, just maybe...I'm spitballing here...maybe after 2 season ending knee injuries in your past you should actually think about retiring from the game instead of worrying about the next hit.
August 25, 201511 yr Author I guess he could have just stood straight up and threw his hands in the air and say "You Win" I guess I forgot this is not tackle football. My bad. Also I never said Suggs didn't know what he was doing, if he didn't maybe he puts his shoulder into his knee. Oh wait, that didn't happen. You are quite possibly the worst arguer on the planet. Re-read that, ponder on it, then see how it helps your argument.
August 25, 201511 yr Author Sam Bradfaord had 2 knee surgeries already....hmmmm, maybe Sam should stop playing football if anytime someone breathes on his knee's is flagged. Maybe, just maybe...I'm spitballing here...maybe after 2 season ending knee injuries in your past you should actually think about retiring from the game instead of worrying about the next hit. Yep, it's totally Sam's fault.
August 25, 201511 yr You are quite possibly the worst arguer on the planet. Re-read that, ponder on it, then see how it helps your argument. Ok, you want to argue, let me pose this question to you... Was Bradford hurt on the play?
August 25, 201511 yr Saying he could have been hurt doesn't win you the argument. Seriously, take off the skirt, it's football and it wasn't dirty. Hate Suggs all you want, but then when your teams players go anywhere any players knee's I want to see you preaching about how dirty they are too. May I ask what team you are a fan of? Just curious. Let me just present this question to anyone in this thread who happens to think it was dirty and is also a Steelers fan. Has any of those folks ever made a thread calling out how dirty Antonio Brown is? OR Hines Ward? etc. I'm just curious. You see the big difference is Suggs didn't hurt Bradford on the play but Brown and Hines both have hurt several players with dirty hits. Just curious how hypocritical some people on here are.
August 25, 201511 yr Author Ok, you want to argue, let me pose this question to you... Was Bradford hurt on the play? No. next question. Why should an injury have to result to change the attitude about the play? Let me ask you this, if you can argue it honestly, had he made the same play on Bradford (ball long gone) and he tears his ACL, what would you say then? Still somehow blame Bradford?
August 25, 201511 yr Author Saying he could have been hurt doesn't win you the argument...guess what doc, you could be hurt driving to work this morning, but you weren't. Does that mean every driver on the road is dirty because they "could have killed you in a car wreck?" Seriously, take off the skirt, it's football and it wasn't dirty. Hate Suggs all you want, but then when your teams players go anywhere any players knee's I want to see you preaching about how dirty they are too. May I ask what team you are a fan of? Just curious. I'm a Dalton fan. And I'd have said the same thing had it been Harrison doing it. Anyone who knows me will attest to that.
August 25, 201511 yr No. next question. Why should an injury have to result to change the attitude about the play? Let me ask you this, if you can argue it honestly, had he made the same play on Bradford (ball long gone) and he tears his ACL, what would you say then? Still somehow blame Bradford? Listen, I never said it wasn't a bit late...what I said is it wasn't dirty which is a huge difference. Watch the replay, one view clearly shows he didn't even attempt to put his shoulder into Bradford instead he just made it a simple arm tackle which isn't dirty at all. Again, if you and Bradford is so worried about his knees being hurt, then what the heck is he doing playing still? IF he tore his ACL I would say what I'm saying now, why in the heck are you still playing?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.