August 25, 201511 yr Ok, you want to argue, let me pose this question to you... Was Bradford hurt on the play? Are you going to answer these? Is the quarterback position the most protected in the league? Could he have avoided contact? If he couldn't have avoided contact, could he not have hit him standing up?
August 25, 201511 yr Look, all I've heard the last couple days was how dirty of a hit this was. I never even seen the video of it until this morning from the link inthe first post of this thread you provided. I actually had a pre concieved feeling about the entire thing. I thought for sure I would be in agreement with you and many others that Suggs was a dirty player who made a dirty play on this and not only should have been flagged but also fined. Then I watched the video....sorry, I just didn't see it. An arm tackle is about the most non violent tackle one can make in football. there sas no crushing blow, there was no helmet to knee or even shoulder to knee...it was an arm tackle period. I went into this thing wanting and expecting to slam Suggs. Then I watched the video. I think it's a lot to do about nothing. Again, if Sam is so concerned about re-injuring his knee, then he shouldn't be playing period. If he is fine with taking the chance then that is fine too....just don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.
August 25, 201511 yr Are you going to answer these? 1. Yes 2. No, he was going full speed, even if he tried to avoid contact he still would have ran into him. 3. wouldn't have avoided contact but he could have hit him standing up. Not sure what those questions were supposed to prove though. There are hits in every play of a football game that "could have been avoided" Does that make it dirty? no.
August 25, 201511 yr People have different definitions of "dirty" or "cheap shot." Nothing came of play, that part is clear. Suggs was however trying to send a message, as evident by his post-game remarks. Given the circumstance of it being a preseason game, and the collective NFL brotherhood trying to protect each other from injury, the real question is, "was it necessary?"
August 25, 201511 yr 1. Yes 2. No, he was going full speed, even if he tried to avoid contact he still would have ran into him. 3. wouldn't have avoided contact but he could have hit him standing up. Not sure what those questions were supposed to prove though. There are hits in every play of a football game that "could have been avoided" Does that make it dirty? no. The bottom line is that he hit the quarterback low when it was completely unnecessary and probably avoidable (going low was absolutely avoidable). To me Bradford's previous injuries are irrelevant. If you hit a QB late in the NFL, expect to get flagged. If you go low on ANYONE, especially when it isn't necessary, it will be considered dirty.
August 25, 201511 yr Author People have different definitions of "dirty" or "cheap shot." Nothing came of play, that part is clear. Suggs was however trying to send a message, as evident by his post-game remarks. Given the circumstance of it being a preseason game, and the collective NFL brotherhood trying to protect each other from injury, the real question is, "was it necessary?" Exactly.
August 25, 201511 yr The bottom line is that he hit the quarterback low when it was completely unnecessary and probably avoidable (going low was absolutely avoidable). To me Bradford's previous injuries are irrelevant. If you hit a QB late in the NFL, expect to get flagged. If you go low on ANYONE, especially when it isn't necessary, it will be considered dirty. As I said in an earlier post. With all the whining about how dirty the hit was, i was expecting to see ahit full of malice...I just didn't see that in the video. Could it have been handled better by suggs? Sure. Was it "Dirty?" not really. Again, the day that arm tackles are dirty is the day they need to start playing in skirts. I've seen harder hits in the Lingerie league
August 25, 201511 yr I'm a Dalton fan. That right there is your problem lol, you have a misguided understanding of what is good.
August 25, 201511 yr Author As I said in an earlier post. With all the whining about how dirty the hit was, i was expecting to see ahit full of malice...I just didn't see that in the video. Could it have been handled better by suggs? Sure. Was it "Dirty?" not really. Again, the day that arm tackles are dirty is the day they need to start playing in skirts. I've seen harder hits in the Lingerie league It had nothing to do with the violent nature of the collision. Good Lord. Now take a selfie with your #14 Bengal jersey and relax.
August 25, 201511 yr It had nothing to do with the violent nature of the collision. Good Lord. Now take a selfie with your #14 Bengal jersey and relax. Then what are we talking about then? I thought we were talking about how dirty the play was? If you want to talk about malice or intent then let's hear it. Was Suggs trying to hurt Sam?
August 25, 201511 yr Author Then what are we talking about then? I thought we were talking about how dirty the play was? If you want to talk about malice or intent then let's hear it. Was Suggs trying to hurt Sam? This whole thread has been about it. You and I aren't gonna see eye to eye. When Suh stepped on Rodgers leg after the play? Was there a violent collision? Was it dirty?
August 25, 201511 yr This whole thread has been about it. You and I aren't gonna see eye to eye. When Suh stepped on Rodgers leg after the play? Was there a violent collision? Was it dirty? Yep, it was dirty, it was after the whistle and the play was over. When Antonio Brown kicked the Browns punter in the face, was it dirty? You want me to say an arm tackle was dirty..then just so you can have peace I will say ok, I give, arm tackles near the knees are dirty.
August 25, 201511 yr This leads to the pending question where can you hit a QB when you tackle them. You cant hit below the waist, it gets a flag. You cant hit them in the shoulder pads, it gets a flag. So where can you tackle a QB?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.