So guys, who here was a "Member"?

BigVMan23

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can't be cool in Painters pants or parachute pants. it's like driving a Subaru. You instantly loose cool points.

Speak for yourself there NKY...when your as cool as I was, you can were a flour sack and have it look good.:thumb:

Though I didn't have a pair of parachute pants, I had something kinda similar. Also had a Don Johnson "Miami Vice" white jacket that I wore to the clubs with my bright colored shirts.

Me too. What is a Member's jacket and all that came with it?

I have no clue what you're talking about. I don't recall anything like that back in my school days in late '60s and '70s.

I don't suppose lettermen's jackets are what you're talking about.

members-only[1].jpg

Was the "cool" thing to wear late 70's-mid 80's.

Last night went home and looked for old Herald Leader sports article with picture of Hakeem Olajuwon playing at Rupp Arena v. UK (1983?). I was in front row of crowd picture with a sweet Members jacket (white / sleeves pulled up). Must have thrown out article. I remember being mad when leaving that jacket at a party soon thereafter.

Reminds me of good ole days when UK students sat mid-court at Rupp (sect 31).

Not nearly as cool as bell bottoms and tie dyed shirts!

You youngsters from the 80's struggled with fashion and hair.

That definitely was not cool where I am from. Is that like fake leather or is it some other material. Looks like there is a sheen in the pic. I am from that era but don't remember that.