Eli Manning due for a new contract

Eli Manning thinks he deserves to be the highest paid QB in the NFL.

I''m sorry, I understand how contracts work and if you are one of the top guys at your position then when you sign a new contract you usually get the biggest contract. The problem is Eli isn't close to being one of the best QB's in the league. He in no way deserves to be the highest paid QB imo. He should be more in line with Daltons contract numbers. Don't tell me about 2 SB's. When you look at him as a QB he is middle of the road or slightly better.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ In no order I'd take Rodgers, Luck, Big Ben, Brees, Rivers, Flacco, Brady, Wilson, Newton and maybe Palmer, Cutler, Stafford over Manning. This isn't even including Peyton who is on the downside now but still probably better than Eli. I'm just talking in terms of talent right now not necessarily what they've accomplished in the post season. Eli IMO is not even a top 10 QB in the league right now and a case can be made where he might not be top 15.

I'd really like to hear HB20's take on this one. He won't pull any punches.

I think too many people underrate Eli.

Someone on this thread seriously said they'd rather have Cutler and Cam Newton over Eli? Glad you aren't my GM. He's in line for a contract like Andy Dalton? Eli has more SB rings than Dalton does playoff wins, even if you cut Eli's SB wins in half. Don't give me the "his defense won those" crap. He also has two SB MVP trophies, and the Giants defense in 2011 was terrible (they stepped it up in the playoffs but without Eli they wouldn't have had the chance)

I honestly think Eli has another title run in him. He had a great year in his first season under McAdoo, and if the Giants shore up the offensive line and the defense they got a shot. Heck, it doesn't matter if the Giants have the best team in the league, if they get to the playoffs Eli has shown he will carry them the rest of the way.

Can Romo, Cutler, Newton, Stafford, Dalton (lol) say that?

Clearly he isn't the best QB in football. And I don't think he necessarily deserves the biggest contract. I also think this leak probably came from his agent Tom Condon who just got Rivers a big extension.

I think too many people underrate Eli.

Someone on this thread seriously said they'd rather have Cutler and Cam Newton over Eli? Glad you aren't my GM. He's in line for a contract like Andy Dalton? Eli has more SB rings than Dalton does playoff wins, even if you cut Eli's SB wins in half. Don't give me the "his defense won those" crap. He also has two SB MVP trophies, and the Giants defense in 2011 was terrible (they stepped it up in the playoffs but without Eli they wouldn't have had the chance)

I honestly think Eli has another title run in him. He had a great year in his first season under McAdoo, and if the Giants shore up the offensive line and the defense they got a shot. Heck, it doesn't matter if the Giants have the best team in the league, if they get to the playoffs Eli has shown he will carry them the rest of the way.

Can Romo, Cutler, Newton, Stafford, Dalton (lol) say that?

Clearly he isn't the best QB in football. And I don't think he necessarily deserves the biggest contract. I also think this leak probably came from his agent Tom Condon who just got Rivers a big extension.

I don't think Dalton can win a SB, I think he is an avg QB just like Eli. Would I take Eli over Dalton? In the playoffs yes, in the regular season it's a coin flip.

The point is Eli is not one of the best QB's and he want's to be paid as the best in the league.

I don't think Dalton can win a SB, I think he is an avg QB just like Eli. Would I take Eli over Dalton? In the playoffs yes, in the regular season it's a coin flip.

The point is Eli is not one of the best QB's and he want's to be paid as the best in the league.

I don't care what you think about Eli, because you have shown you have an irrational hatred for him thus your opinion on him is about as useful as mine, and I'm an Eli homer.

But Eli CAN and has won a super bowl. 2 of them, actually. And who cares if he wants to be paid the highest? There aren't many Tim Duncan's out there who will sacrifice money for the team.

How many QB'S in NFL history have two super bowl wins and two super bowl MVP's?

I would be shocked if Eli doesn't end up the highest paid QB. It's how the league works. Next year or the year after it will be someone else who has a contract coming due.

This.

Although I hope he agrees to less :lol2:

Fwiw, Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith both apparently agreed that Eli is top 10 and should get paid