Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eli Manning due for a new contract

Featured Replies

Fwiw, Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith both apparently agreed that Eli is top 10 and should get paid

 

That just makes me think he's not top ten lol.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think too many people underrate Eli.

 

Someone on this thread seriously said they'd rather have Cutler and Cam Newton over Eli? Glad you aren't my GM. He's in line for a contract like Andy Dalton? Eli has more SB rings than Dalton does playoff wins, even if you cut Eli's SB wins in half. Don't give me the "his defense won those" crap. He also has two SB MVP trophies, and the Giants defense in 2011 was terrible (they stepped it up in the playoffs but without Eli they wouldn't have had the chance)

 

I honestly think Eli has another title run in him. He had a great year in his first season under McAdoo, and if the Giants shore up the offensive line and the defense they got a shot. Heck, it doesn't matter if the Giants have the best team in the league, if they get to the playoffs Eli has shown he will carry them the rest of the way.

 

Can Romo, Cutler, Newton, Stafford, Dalton (lol) say that?

 

Clearly he isn't the best QB in football. And I don't think he necessarily deserves the biggest contract. I also think this leak probably came from his agent Tom Condon who just got Rivers a big extension.

 

I'm the one that said it.

 

This link has Eli as the 12th best QB heading into 2015

QB Rank: NFL starting quarterbacks ranked 1-32 | USA TODAY Sports Wire

 

This link has Eli 13th.

NFL starting quarterback power rankings - 2015

 

I forgot about Ryan and Romo, both probably better than Eli as well. Ryan Tannehill has been coming along nicely, he isn't far behind Eli. Andy Dalton is probably right on par with Eli at this stage in Eli's career. Eli had a nice bounce back season last year but he isn't getting any younger and his 2013 season was atrocious. I don't think he's as good as last season or as bad as 2013 but he's somewhere in the middle and that's very average.

How many QB'S have won two super bowls, and two super bowl MVPs?

Fwiw I'd rank Eli around 8-10th. He is capable of playing like a top 5 QB and has shown it at the biggest stage twice.

As of today in 2015 the only QBs I would take over Eli are:

 

Aaron Rodgers

Tom Brady

Andrew Luck

 

That's it.

For those questioning Eli's alleged desire to be the highest paid player in the NFL I have to ask if you all have been involved in any type of negotiations before? You ALWAYS ALWAYS ask for the moon whether you deserve it or not. If you aim too low you just might get it and you will have screwed yourself. In our last contract negotiations we asked for 10% raises when every single person in the room knew we were going to get 3% raises. The company countered with a 1% raise. What did we end up getting? 3%

 

Eli has to ask for that kind of money. Will he get it? Doubtful, but if he does Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck will be the two happiest men on the planet. Either way, I bet Eli gets a raise sometime in the near future and I bet he gets more than Phillip Rivers.

Eli becoming the top paid QB if that happens has more to do with where everyone is on their current contract. Several of the QBs everyone rates above him are a year or two or three into their current contract and on their next contract they will all blow past Eli's contract what ever that ends up to be. Getting paid the most doesn't mean your the best, your just the best with a new contract due at this moment.

  • Author
I don't care what you think about Eli, because you have shown you have an irrational hatred for him thus your opinion on him is about as useful as mine, and I'm an Eli homer.

 

But Eli CAN and has won a super bowl. 2 of them, actually. And who cares if he wants to be paid the highest? There aren't many Tim Duncan's out there who will sacrifice money for the team.

 

How many QB'S in NFL history have two super bowl wins and two super bowl MVP's?

Did you read what I said? I said DALTON couldn't win a SB, I also said I'd take Eli in the playoffs. What I also said is he and Dalton for regular season is a count flip not sure where any of what I said is so far fetched that it isn't even thinkable

when it comes

to his abilities.

 

 

Now now that we have that taken care of. Watching ESPN today they were reporting Eli actually didn't say he wanted to be the highest paid. They all acted like that was so against the person he is if he had said he deserved to be the highest paid. Now I laughed because that is the type of guy Eli is. He is one who who demands things. Doesn't anyone remember when he was drafted?

  • Author
How many QB'S have won two super bowls, and two super bowl MVPs?

How many Left Guards have won 2 SB's?

  • Author
For those questioning Eli's alleged desire to be the highest paid player in the NFL I have to ask if you all have been involved in any type of negotiations before? You ALWAYS ALWAYS ask for the moon whether you deserve it or not. If you aim too low you just might get it and you will have screwed yourself. In our last contract negotiations we asked for 10% raises when every single person in the room knew we were going to get 3% raises. The company countered with a 1% raise. What did we end up getting? 3%

 

Eli has to ask for that kind of money. Will he get it? Doubtful, but if he does Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck will be the two happiest men on the planet. Either way, I bet Eli gets a raise sometime in the near future and I bet he gets more than Phillip Rivers.

I've been involved in negotiations before and have never asked to be the highest paid in my field. Plus the fact I work for local gov't I expect to be underpaid compared

to my position in the private sector (DBA).

 

Eli will get a raise. Everyone knows that. The question was if he deserved to be the highest paid QB. The answer IMO is no.

How many Left Guards have won 2 SB's?

 

Avoiding my question like the plague

Did you read what I said? I said DALTON couldn't win a SB, I also said I'd take Eli in the playoffs. What I also said is he and Dalton for regular season is a count flip not sure where any of what I said is so far fetched that it isn't even thinkable

when it comes

to his abilities.

 

Now now that we have that taken care of. Watching ESPN today they were reporting Eli actually didn't say he wanted to be the highest paid. They all acted like that was so against the person he is if he had said he deserved to be the highest paid. Now I laughed because that is the type of guy Eli is. He is one who who demands things. Doesn't anyone remember when he was drafted?

I know what you said. You also said Eli is average like Dalton. There must be some difference between them because you admitted you don't think Dalton can win the SB, and we already know Eli can (x2)

As of today in 2015 the only QBs I would take over Eli are:

 

Aaron Rodgers

Tom Brady

Andrew Luck

 

That's it.

Sure I'm a homer, but I'd take Ben over him in a nanosecond.
  • Author
Avoiding my question like the plague

Not avoiding it at all. Instead I was pointing out what I've said for decades and that isnQB's are given WAAAAAAYYYY to much credit for winning SB's in a team sport. Whenever I bring up Brad Johnson or Tent Dilfer for example people say "well this teams had great defenses" well Duh! And so do other teams that win and other teams have great running games etc. so if you give all the credit to a QB who wins then why not give credit to the other players hence my left guard comment. Do you think Eli would have won if he didn't have a left guard playing?

  • Author
I know what you said. You also said Eli is average like Dalton. There must be some difference between them because you admitted you don't think Dalton can win the SB, and we already know Eli can (x2)

Read it again. I said DURING THE REGULAR SEASON Eli and Dalton are about the same. That is why you could flip a coin between the two DURING THE SEASON.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.