Republican debate

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubio is a comedian :lol2: That was a great line that got the laughs and cheers.

Rubio is going to get a pump after tonight after a few weeks of sputtering.

I expect Kasich and Rubio to get bumps. I also expect whoever the Republican base thought won between Christie and Paul to get a bump. It will be interesting.

I will say again Trump won't win and he will drop in polls as people start dropping out of the race. But I do think Kasich positioned himself to get Trump as ally as an attack dog . Fox tried to get him to attack fox and he wouldn't.

I hate doing this, but here are my first impressions without any thought:

Winners: Rubio and Christie (maybe Huckabee, but I don't think he's a factor.

Neutral: Trump didn't implode but no idea how he is received. He avoided answering several questions but didn't seem flustered and gave his speeches. Bush. He needs to do better in future debates but he's still front runner. Walker, I guess, but I've never considered him a serious front runner.

Losers: Rand didn't go over well and needed to. Kasich just seemed cartoonish and wasted an opportunity.

I don't think the other two matter.

Second observation: You could tell the Fox moderators were harder on some and set up a few others for responses. I thought they went after Trump a bit and seemed favorable to Cruz and Rubio.

I hate doing this, but here are my first impressions without any thought:

Winners: Rubio and Christie (maybe Huckabee, but I don't think he's a factor.

Neutral: Trump didn't implode but no idea how he is received. He avoided answering several questions but didn't seem flustered and gave his speeches. Bush. He needs to do better in future debates but he's still front runner. Walker, I guess, but I've never considered him a serious front runner.

Losers: Rand didn't go over well and needed to. Kasich just seemed cartoonish and wasted an opportunity.

I don't think the other two matter.

Second observation: You could tell the Fox moderators were harder on some and set up a few others for responses. I thought they went after Trump a bit and seemed favorable to Cruz and Rubio.

I will say most of social media and the media disagrees with your losers.

Kasich was on fire.

I also don't see how you can give Christie a bump on the exchange with Paul. But like I said in a earlier post that exchange will determine who gets the bump out of the two.

I'm a libertarian so I loved Paul's answers.

If you missed it let me summarize Trump what Mr Trump said:

illegals repeatedly

Reagan

Build a wall

Obama stinks

Washington DC is stupid

He'll sell out to whoever donates to him

Build a wall

US doesn't win