Beechwood: Easier Path, or Harder Path?

Ram

From the Bluegrasspreps' Class 1A Rankings:

On the Beechwood playoff opposition, I see Beechwood having a more challenging second-round opponent then they have faced in recent years. If they get to the regional final, they still would be lined up to face Frankfort. Then in the state semis it would be Russellville or someone else who can spring an upset. Overall, I can make an argument that the playoff run now is more difficult because of the tougher round 2 matchup. Of course, not having to face Mayfield in the semis is a big argument that the new alignment is less difficult.

Does the new alignment make Beechwood's path in the playoffs easier, or harder? Why? What teams are Beechwood's biggest stumbling blocks? Is Mayfield's departure a blessing, or does it put more pressure on Beechwood?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Bluegrasspreps' Class 1A Rankings:

Does the new alignment make Beechwood's path in the playoffs easier, or harder? Why? What teams are Beechwood's biggest stumbling blocks? Is Mayfield's departure a blessing, or does it put more pressure on Beechwood?

Both, certainly easier as MF was the king of the class but it also will add pressure to get it done now that the Cards have left the building. If I were a BW fan, and I am now, I would really like my chances and not worry about a little added pressure. That will surely not be as bad as the pressure felt from voices clamoring to beat MF that got cranked up every year

Definitely easier. Nothing changes in the region so they'll have to beat Frankfort in the future just like they have in the past. The potential semi-state opponents (Russellville, Crittenden County, Campbellsville, etc.) have all had good teams over the years but none of them require going to War Memorial Stadium and winning, something Beechwood has shown to be impossible over the last several years.

Interesting note, of the teams in Region I that Beechwood would have to theoretically beat to make it to the state championship game, in postseason play they've only played...

Crittenden County. They played once, winning 34-0 in 2008.

Beechwood has never played a playoff game against Russellville, the Fultons, Campbellsville, Fort Knox, Beechwood, or Caverna.

Interesting note, of the teams in Region I that Beechwood would have to theoretically beat to make it to the state championship game, in postseason play they've only played...

Beechwood has never played a playoff game against Russellville, the Fultons, Campbellsville, Fort Knox, Beechwood, or Caverna.

That is interesting

Who did you mean to say where you added BW?

The bolded should say BETHLEHEM. My mistake!