Beechwood: Easier Path, or Harder Path?

Ram

I am going to predict that the Fulton's can not hang on 4 more years, Fulton City anyway. That may become a factor in the number of 1A teams and could impact Bw

One less Fulton would make the gap between Beechwood and 2A even wider. It will be interesting to see if a school like Beechwood (top notch academics and athletics in a populous area) will see its enrollment increase more than others.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to predict that the Fulton's can not hang on 4 more years, Fulton City anyway. That may become a factor in the number of 1A teams and could impact Bw

By the way, not to thread jack, but what makes you think Fulton City can't last? I know the numbers are small but is a merger that imminent?

If the Fultons merge and there is one less 1A school, that makes it more likely Beechwood stays in 1A. With one less 1A school, Trimble Co. drops to 1A and the number to get into 2A is even higher. Beechwood's district is landlocked. It is unlikely they will grow much more unless more tuition students come on board. Odds are Beechwood stays in 1A.

If the Fultons merge and there is one less 1A school, that makes it more likely Beechwood stays in 1A. With one less 1A school, Trimble Co. drops to 1A and the number to get into 2A is even higher. Beechwood's district is landlocked. It is unlikely they will grow much more unless more tuition students come on board. Odds are Beechwood stays in 1A.

Mostly this. Beechwood's district has all the residential development it will ever have (unless I'm missing a large area of land somewhere in Ft. Mitchell). It's not going to grow much, and may even get smaller enrollment rise occasionally.

When referring to the current alignment I was thinking more along the lines of re-classification back to 4 or 5 classes, a 2A school like NewCath perhaps falling into 1A, those type of instances.