NFL Upholds Brady Suspension

"Turns out, Mr. Brady did better with higher inflated balls than underinflated balls. You might say he got no competitive advantage."

Judge Richard M. Berman

^He also asked them what direct evidence they had to connect Brady to the deflating of the footballs. The NFL said they had none.

:lol2::lol2:

:no::no:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that he threatened both sides that he could rule against them with the evidence they each had and told them they need to come to a middle ground or risk his verdict.

I agree. I also think both sides are too far down the road to meet in the middle so he will have to rule. The worst option for both sides is clear. Brady isn't going to admit guilt. I don't think the judge sees any guilt so he may go against the NFL even though supposedly he's not supposed to be looking at that.

I agree. I also think both sides are too far down the road to meet in the middle so he will have to rule. The worst option for both sides is clear. Brady isn't going to admit guilt. I don't think the judge sees any guilt so he may go against the NFL even though supposedly he's not supposed to be looking at that.
That is what I heard on the radio this morning. The judge is evaluating the evidence a lot more than originally anticipated. But this isn't really court is it? This is just an intermediary trying to get them to work out everything before actually going to court, correct?

That is what I heard on the radio this morning. The judge is evaluating the evidence a lot more than originally anticipated. But this isn't really court is it? This is just an intermediary trying to get them to work out everything before actually going to court, correct?

Yes, but I think he was letting the NFL know that he thought they suspended him on just about nothing other than a guy destroying his phone. I think the NFLPA lawyer bringing up the pool cover being national news showed a very good reason not to turn over the phone too.

Brady has nothing to lose. Goodell has everything to lose. If Brady loses, he serves his 4 game suspension. If Goodell loses, he is completely emasculated as Commissioner!

It amazes me that this guy could suspend a player for 2 games with video evidence of domestic abuse, then turn around and suspend a player 4 games because he believes a player damaged the league.

Brady has nothing to lose. Goodell has everything to lose. If Brady loses, he serves his 4 game suspension. If Goodell loses, he is completely emasculated as Commissioner!

It amazes me that this guy could suspend a player for 2 games with video evidence of domestic abuse, then turn around and suspend a player 4 games because he believes a player damaged the league.

He suspended Rice indefinitely once he saw the video apparently. I think he went plausible deniability with that one.

You mean the narrative that Brady is squeaky clean and Goodell is a buffoon? Time to get your head out of the ground, doc. That "narrative" is reality!

Yeah, that's the one I meant. And you've proven my point. There's never been an argument about Goodell.

I agree, the league needed to dump Goodell then and they need to dump him again now.

Like I have said, the NFL can't run a piecemeal criminal justice system with an agenda and the Judge is blowing the NFL out of the water.

And this case again shows the glaring problem with the NFL's way of doing things, you would think they would have their act together after the Ray Rice incident but the NFL's arrogance won't allow for it and here we are again with the NFL and Goodell making things up as they go.