Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Colin Cowherd on ESPN just reported that Sacramento Kings interested in hiring Cal!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 72
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The source on all this remains Cal, himself. Per Mike and Mike. They all but laughed at him and anyone who takes this seriously.

 

As I said in the Cal to NOLA, OKC, or Memphis thread (there's been so many) Cal puts it out there, has his people contact the team, and then reacts as it's the most stupid thing ever. He plays BBN like a fiddle. All the while, he gets another raise.

 

Nice gig.

 

Funniest thing Mike and Mike said was that with the rumor of Cal going to Sacramento, somehow Nick Saban will get a raise out of it...now that was good stuff...

Don't always agree with Cowherd, but I do more often than not and he DOES make me think...listen to him when I can...

Funniest thing Mike and Mike said was that with the rumor of Cal going to Sacramento, somehow Nick Saban will get a raise out of it...now that was good stuff...

 

Agreed, I chuckled a little out loud when I heard that. It was spot on funny.

 

The only person in college sports better at self-promotion than Cal is Saban.

As far as Mike and Mike itself, as a entertainment that's to each his own. As a source of actually having leads and sources, I'll take this show over most any on talk radio. Greenberg is old school in his professionalism when it comes to sources.

 

So, when Mike and Mike tell me Cal starts all these rumors through his people, and then laugh about it, I buy it. I believe he has the sources to stand behind the statement. Doesn't make the show entertaining. Makes it more credible than most sports talk shows though.

 

And, a double disclaimer: I almost never listen to sports talk and when I do most of it is actually Lance; I don't hate Cal.

It's why he's the best recruiter/salesman in the business.

 

No it's not, and there's a difference between recruiting and self-promotion.

 

His overindulgence in the latter is not something I'm fond of.

I like Cowherd on certain topics but mostly just find the clips. I can't stand listening about ratings every day.

For what it's worth:

 

@UKCoachCalipari: For the 100th time, I have the best coaching position in the world, I am not looking for any other coaching position.

 

Isn't this what all coaches say right before the leave? Or stay?

 

I'm not sure what else everyone expected him to say. There's no doubt he's talking/talked with everyone who has an open job.

 

One of ESPNs NBA "experts" even said to not be surprised that this rumor was started by the Calipari camp

Isn't this what all coaches say right before the leave? Or stay?

 

They do and for Cal, he's said it 3-4 years in a row now.

They do and for Cal, he's said it 3-4 years in a row now.

 

Exactly.

Billy Donovan said he's staying at Florida. Oh wait....

Exactly.

Billy Donovan said he's staying at Florida. Oh wait....

 

When someone says, "For what its worth" it usually means its not worth much but I'm still going to put it here.

 

Everyone knows that Cal isn't going to come out and say, "Yes, I was looking into taking another job".

Never trust a college coach when he's talking about jobs.

When someone says, "For what its worth" it usually means its not worth much but I'm still going to put it here.

 

Everyone knows that Cal isn't going to come out and say, "Yes, I was looking into taking another job".

 

You do realize we are saying the same thing........right?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.