Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will We Ever Have A Gay President?

Featured Replies

With all the doom and gloom in the forecast as a result of the recent SCOTUS ruling on same-sex marriage, this seems like a legitimate question to me.

 

Will we live to see this happen? How about our children? Will it be a he or a she?

  • Replies 42
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet we already have.

  • Author
I bet we already have.

 

Odds are.

I would love to know how Hillary's numbers would change if she suddenly announced that she was gay.

I bet we already have.

 

Without question IMO.

 

Could you imagine if they were a Republican? Heads would explode :lol2:

As a society overall, I'm not sure that we are ready for an openly gay President.

 

I'll bet by year 2040.

There's not enough of the younger, progressive thinking folks voting yet to make it happen, IMO. I definitely think it's a possibility in the future.

It will happen at some point. I don't know how far away it is but it sure seems like attitudes about gay marriage have moved rather quickly.

I was going to say we already have had at least one. I'd be interested in seeing how an openly gay candidate would be treated and received by the voting public.

I don't know how far away it is but it sure seems like attitudes about gay marriage have moved rather quickly.

 

There's definitely been a dramatic shift just in the last decade or so. And like you, I agree that it will happen at some point.

I bet we already have.

 

It is fairly commonly believed that James Buchanan was more than likely gay. He was often described as being quite effeminate, and was said to have had a "special relationship" with William Rufus King (who later became Franklin Pierce's VP). Buchanan was engaged at one point in time before becoming President, but his fiancee broke it off and dies soon afterwards. He never entertained any other relationship with a women for the remainder of his life.

 

For what it's worth, Buchanan was a Democrat.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.