June 4, 201511 yr 44 should be Gimel Martinez :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: Are you performing anywhere this weekend?
June 4, 201511 yr If KAT played 4 years, I doubt you could say that. We will never know. Truth is Beard was a 3 time All-American and along with Groza and Jones and Barnstable led the new NBA team Olympians to the NBA Semi-Finals in their second year. Then the point shaving scandals took them away.
June 4, 201511 yr Mike Pratt over Alex Poythress at #22 . I would take Jerry Bird over Poythress as well. He averaged 16 pts. & 11 rebounds a game his senior year at UK and was on the All SEC 2nd team. His #22 jersey hangs from the rafters at Rupp Arena as well.
June 4, 201511 yr I would take Jerry Bird over Poythress as well. He averaged 16 pts. & 11 rebounds a game his senior year at UK and was on the All SEC 2nd team. His #22 jersey hangs from the rafters at Rupp Arena as well. Truman Claytor had a nice career at UK.
June 4, 201511 yr Mashburn had better numbers because he was the only stud on the team and he logged more minutes a game. Walker did more on defense and even helped played being the ball down the court. Mash was a stud. I would take him every time over Walker.
June 5, 201511 yr For anyone playing along, this site will greatly help you remember who wore what number in their time at the University of Kentucky. Kentucky Jersey Numbers
June 7, 201511 yr I always struggle with 21. 2 of my alltime favorite Cats are Goose and Tayshaun. '78 title game trumps anything Tayshaun accomplished.
June 7, 201511 yr #44 = Dan Issel, Cotton Nash, Chuck Hayes (I may have overlooked it, my apology if someone posted the same.)
June 7, 201511 yr '78 title game trumps anything Tayshaun accomplished. Givens was very good all four years. As a freshman he was invaluable to the '75 team's run to the National Title game. As a soph he averaged nearly 20 for an injured UK squad that won the NIT in New York. His final game of 41 earns him above anyone else IMO.
June 8, 201511 yr List suffers from some serious recency bias. List looks really thrown together honestly. I would guess there wasn't lots of research because it looks pretty hastily thrown together.
June 8, 201511 yr '78 title game trumps anything Tayshaun accomplished. I think the world of both. A single game does not change my opinion. Goose played for a better team. Two of my favorite games to watch were Goose's 41 in '78, and Tayshaun's 31 against UNC in '01. If we go by a single game, Meeks was better than both of them. Which he wasn't.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.