June 8, 201511 yr I think the world of both. A single game does not change my opinion. Goose played for a better team. Two of my favorite games to watch were Goose's 41 in '78, and Tayshaun's 31 against UNC in '01. If we go by a single game, Meeks was better than both of them. Which he wasn't. Still, Givens shouldn't be penalized for playing on a great team. Goose averaged 9,20, 19, 18 points per game in each of his four years. He also pulled in over 200 boards his last 3 years and over 100 as a freshman. Prince averaged 6, 13, 17 and just under 18. He only rebounded over 200 in his last two seasons. And had 759 boards to Givens 793 (Despite being 6'10" while Givens was 6'4") For a career Givens shot 51% from the field and nearly 80% from the line. Tay shot 45% and 74%. I just don't see how it stacks up in Prince's favor at all. It's not about one game. It's about a career at UK.
June 8, 201511 yr the moment I read Towns over Beard I stopped reading. Just another example of why Jones and company are clueless.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.