Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cal to remain at UK

Featured Replies

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know why anyone really thought he would leave. This is his final stop IMO.

I still think if the perfect NBA situation came up he'd take it. But they'd have to blow him away. And the odds of that are very slim. Don't know how likely a team would also let him be a GM when he has no track record of being a successful one.

I still think if the perfect NBA situation came up he'd take it. But they'd have to blow him away. And the odds of that are very slim. Don't know how likely a team would also let him be a GM when he has no track record of being a successful one.

 

If Cal is given control of the roster, I think he'd go. Likewise, if Cal had a deal in place to coach several elite players, I think he'd go (i.e. Wall & Durant in Washington; or some major talent for the Lakers).

 

Not this year, but in the near future.

FWIW, it was reported that Cal contacted the Pelicans, not the other way around. So there is that.

 

Money became an issue right away, and both sides said, OK then.

 

Cal makes a ton of money at UK, and it'll take at least that much for him to make the jump, but if someone is willing to pony up I could see it.

 

As for what he said in the Cat's Pause, or anywhere else, what do you think he'd say?

FWIW, it was reported that Cal contacted the Pelicans, not the other way around. So there is that.

 

Money became an issue right away, and both sides said, OK then.

 

Cal makes a ton of money at UK, and it'll take at least that much for him to make the jump, but if someone is willing to pony up I could see it.

 

As for what he said in the Cat's Pause, or anywhere else, what do you think he'd say?

 

It could be true. But it was reported by one Web Blogger of the Pelicans and from what I've read no National media members confirmed outside of his report.

It could be true. But it was reported by one Web Blogger of the Pelicans and from what I've read no National media members confirmed outside of his report.

 

You are correct on my first graph, was an "internet" guy covering the Pelicans. He did get some clock on ESPN, and seemed pretty sure of how the story went. The story did go away quickly, which may mean a lot of things, including AD is heading elsewhere when he can. May also mean ESPN turned a bunch of nothing into something for a minute. That has happened once or twice, I think.

 

As for the rest of my original post, I think he could certainly leave for the right money at the right time.

 

And, why would Cal ever tell anyone closely followed by UK fans that he may ever leave, until he actually leaves?

 

I'm not a huge Cal fan, but not a hater at all. He's done a great job at UK, as he did at Memphis.

He also said that it took him 20 years to get the UK job. Go Cats!

FWIW, it was reported that Cal contacted the Pelicans, not the other way around. So there is that.

 

Not saying it didn't happen but you can't believe everything on the internet. Nobody else backed up that claim.

If Cal is given control of the roster, I think he'd go. Likewise, if Cal had a deal in place to coach several elite players, I think he'd go (i.e. Wall & Durant in Washington; or some major talent for the Lakers).

 

Not this year, but in the near future.

 

Speaking of, the Bulls job opened up. One of the few jobs that I think any college coach should consider, assuming they don't have any issues with DRose's health.

Speaking of' date=' the Bulls job opened up. One of the few jobs that I think any college coach should consider, assuming they don't have any issues with DRose's health.[/quote']

 

I don't get why any college bball or fball guy should feel the need to go pro. You make as much if not more in college and play less games.

I don't get why any college bball or fball guy should feel the need to go pro. You make as much if not more in college and play less games.

 

Maybe the grind of recruiting grows old? As well as being held responsible for things that you might not even know about when 18-22 year olds are doing something stupid.

 

Just throwing out random things, I have no idea.

Maybe the grind of recruiting grows old? As well as being held responsible for things that you might not even know about when 18-22 year olds are doing something stupid. Just throwing out random things' date=' I have no idea.[/quote']

 

Possibly but that's why you pay Kenny Payne 700k a year. My guess is that as with anything in life you get bored or sick of it. But certain gigs where you are royalty would be hard to leave.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.