Top NKY Incoming Sophomores 2018

The verdict is still out in this kid, but Schlarman for Cooper may have a pretty bright career. He played some last year on varsity when they lost 6 starters and did a fine job as SS. He is also in the QB mix this year and if he can win the starting QB position as a sophomore I can only imagine how good he can be in 3 years. One thing Borchers is great at and that is getting the best out of his QB's. His offensive philosophy usually make them thrive in his system as we saw with not only Tyler Morris who led his team to the state finals but also Ludwig who only started as a senior and set all kind of school records in his 1 year and again last year with Pricket who started his only yr as a senior and led the team to the state semi finals.

If Borchers can get Schlarman for 3 years under his wing, it may be just what the dr ordered for the Jags.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The verdict is still out in this kid, but Schlarman for Cooper may have a pretty bright career. He played some last year on varsity when they lost 6 starters and did a fine job as SS. He is also in the QB mix this year and if he can win the starting QB position as a sophomore I can only imagine how good he can be in 3 years. One thing Borchers is great at and that is getting the best out of his QB's. His offensive philosophy usually make them thrive in his system as we saw with not only Tyler Morris who led his team to the state finals but also Ludwig who only started as a senior and set all kind of school records in his 1 year and again last year with Pricket who started his only yr as a senior and led the team to the state semi finals.

If Borchers can get Schlarman for 3 years under his wing, it may be just what the dr ordered for the Jags.

Very true! I have heard nothing but great things about the kid.

I could see him going there considering he is not the starting qb at Scott yet.

Again, ain't going to happen. The family would have to move or he'd have to sit out this year if he transferred. He's going to get plenty of playing time this year on both sides of the ball. And I don't think he'd start over Brumsfeld if for some reason he did go to Holmes. Let's stop the silly rumor train.

Again, ain't going to happen. The family would have to move or he'd have to sit out this year if he transferred. He's going to get plenty of playing time this year on both sides of the ball. And I don't think he'd start over Brumsfeld if for some reason he did go to Holmes. Let's stop the silly rumor train.

I didn't start the rumor!

Agreed and there ABSOLUTELY zero truth to this so it does need to be squashed now. Nelson is fine where he is at and he is too good of an athlete not to START if not at QB somewhere else on the field. Personally I think he is built perfectly for Scott's offense and with his skillset does not need to be 6'0" to run the show at QB.

Ryle's Sophmore class ran all over their competition last year to an undefeated Freshman season.

Jake Chisholm RB, DB

Justin Selby WR, DB

Zach Rytlewski (sp?) WR, DB

Parker Bisek TE, DE

Ryan Princepata C, DL

Charles Golden RB, DB

Conner Ryle OL, DE

all were two way starters, but it remains to be seen if they will have a major impact on the V level this year due to a strong Junior and Senior class. They may have to buy their time. I can see Chisholm, Selby, Rytlewski, Bisek and Princepata getting more and more minutes as the season goes on.

It is really hard to pick out one outstanding athlete. This sophomore class is jammed packed full of big play makers. I know I will for sure seeing Covington Catholic, Ryle, Conner and Cooper will be a start just from the kids I have seen in the past. I really am looking forward to this season.

It is really hard to pick out one outstanding athlete. This sophomore class is jammed packed full of big play makers. I know I will for sure seeing Covington Catholic, Ryle, Conner and Cooper will be a start just from the kids I have seen in the past. I really am looking forward to this season.

Cov Cath had a nice frosh QB last year. I didn't get his name but seen him against Ryle and he was pretty good.