Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Draw Announced

Featured Replies

10:00 St Henry vs Highlands

 

1:00 Boone vs Beechwood

 

4:00 Covington Catholic vs Ryle

 

7:00 NCC vs Dixie

  • Replies 56
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what would the likely pitching matchups be in these games for each team? I would assume Purnell will pitch game one for Boone and Ziegelmeyer game one for Ryle. How about everyone else? Look for Highlands to use 3 or 4 pitchers I would guess except for maybe Jones and possibly Raisor.

Is there an actual bracket posted somewhere? What are possible round 2 match-ups?

If I'm HHS, I start Doty and try to keep Rasior for Tues.

In baseball anything can happen depending on that days pitcher and this bracket looks fairly well balanced with the so-called top 4 teams split between the top and bottom with BW and HHS in the top and Dixie and CCH in the bottom.

 

In HS baseball, as we all know, anything can happen but I will go with Dixie to win the 9th. They seem to have a little deeper pitching depth.

 

Highlands vs Beechwood

Dixie vs Ryle

 

Highlands vs Dixie

 

Dixie Colonels - 9th region champs

So what would the likely pitching matchups be in these games for each team? I would assume Purnell will pitch game one for Boone and Ziegelmeyer game one for Ryle. How about everyone else? Look for Highlands to use 3 or 4 pitchers I would guess except for maybe Jones and possibly Raisor.

 

How much time do you need in between games. If Highlands doesn't start their one or two guy and hold them off till second game, assuming they win the first game, do they run the risk of not being available for the Championship, again assuming they make it there. I think at this point, HHS's one and two are interchangeable, so wouldn't matter who started and who you saved for second game.

Region 9 - I'm assuming the first 2 games are the top bracket and the last 2 games are the bottom bracket.

Thanks. That makes sense.

I like HHS to take the region, but that potential BW match-up could force them to use up their best arms.

I've seen Dixie a few times this year...I've seen them look poem they can beat anyone, and I've seen them lay eggs. If the 'good Dixie' shows up, watch out.

  • Author
Region 9 - I'm assuming the first 2 games are the top bracket and the last 2 games are the bottom bracket.

 

 

Correct

Unless you get a big lead, start your best and use them as long as you need them. Figure out GM2 only after you have won GM1.

 

Is it MON, TUE, WED like last year or is it MON, TUE, THU as in prior years?

 

My recollection is that 1 inning allows you to pitch next day. More than that and you must rest a day. Can't remember how many innings requires 2 days off. 1 pitch = an inning.

First round games always very dangerous for the "favorites". Highlands got the best draw for a game 1 opponent.

 

Purnell, Ziegelmeyer, and Moeves very capable of throwing a gem and sending one them favorites home early.

In baseball anything can happen depending on that days pitcher and this bracket looks fairly well balanced with the so-called top 4 teams split between the top and bottom with BW and HHS in the top and Dixie and CCH in the bottom.

 

In HS baseball, as we all know, anything can happen but I will go with Dixie to win the 9th. They seem to have a little deeper pitching depth.

 

Highlands vs Beechwood

Dixie vs Ryle

 

Highlands vs Dixie

 

Dixie Colonels - 9th region champs

 

Interesting. You think Dixie has more pitching depth than Highlands? Details please. I am asking to learn. Tell me why you think that.

My recollection is that 1 inning allows you to pitch next day. More than that and you must rest a day. Can't remember how many innings requires 2 days off. 1 pitch = an inning.

 

3-5 innings = 1 day rest

6 innings= 2 days rest

7-9 innings = 3 days rest

 

1 pitch = 1 inning

No more than 9 innings in a day

Maximum of 15 innings in a week

VOR - Don't get excited. I actually think they are the top 2 staffs in the remaining 8 teams in the 9th. I just like Dixie a little more. If they both win their opener and play in the semis I believe whoever wins that game will win it all.

If rain doesn't come into play and you have to win 3 in consecutive days you will need 3 good pitchers. I think Dixie has that. Just my opinion. Obviously you like Highlands so it's just a matter of opinion. Highlands pitching is solid too.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.