Harriet Tubman: The Face of the $20 Bill?

My gosh is this thread ripe for comedy .. it is comedy right ? First could we please find a better pic of Tubman ? she looks like a man .

Secondly the voters on the poll actually picked a female with the name " Mankiller" to appear on the 20 spot ? BAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA classic .

Thirdly why in the world would stop here, lets start a campaign for Ophra to be on the 100 , and Michelle Obama on the 5 .

Having Harriet Tubman on there can't be any worse than having slave owners, I mean, our founding fathers on other bills.

Eleanor Roosevelt came in second in the voting. I'm guessing she'd make the big leagues before Oprah or Michelle Obama but it wouldn't bother me at all to put all black women on our money. Seems like you'd enjoy that also.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again , since you must have missed it , I'm treating this as comedy as we are not going to take AJ off the 20 . Now if Michelle decides to run and otherwise sane democrats play follow the leader ( like with Hillary) then I might change my tune .

Is there any type of extra cost to entering new bills like this into circulation?

New plates have to be made, but this happens on a semi-regular basis anyway every few years. I guess whatever they pay the designer of it. Since our paper currency is cycled out of circulation regularly and new bills swapped out for old ones, it's not really that major of an undertaking.

Just boggles my mind why anyone would be against this. While I don't care one way or another what's on our money, I do think it'd be kinda cool to pay tribute to some other "American Heroes".

I agree with you a lot and disagree sometimes too. I'm with you on this one. We all care who is on our currency (you want Charles Manson on any currency?) but this is just not a big deal IMO