Harriet Tubman: The Face of the $20 Bill?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I think the black vote all together may be tough for her. She made need to go learn some negro spirituals and get to singing and clapping. :lol2:

That's Bill's territory — he owes her big so he has no choice but to play that game.

Sooooooooo basically there are some people who are cool with leaving on a dude who forced thousands out of their homes, and essentially led them to their death, but are not cool with putting on the face of someone who led hundreds to their freedom.

Even more, she is a source of righteousness in the face social oppression in our Country's darkest hour. She stood against something that is morally unjustifiable and disgusting, something that I'm ashamed was carried out in our country for 300 years. It was pure evil. Yes, Harriet Tubman was a rebel in her day. A rebel for peace. A rebel for hope. A rebel for freedom. She was a rebel in the land of the free and home of the brave, where God gives humans the right to life, liberty and the Pursuit of happiness, unless you were African American.

Harriet Tubman is a perfect embodiment of our true American Ideals. She had her freedom(relatively speaking, she wasn't a citizen), yet she risked her own salvation for the sake of her fellow man.

But no, leave her out. She isn't an old white guy.

For as much as I love this country, I hate some of the people living in it.

I think the black population deserves to be represented. But wouldn't MLK or Thurgood Marshall or a few others make better cases ?

I've honestly never given any thought to putting anyone black on any money. MLK would get the nod but I'd much rather have Malcolm X.

The plan is to put a woman on the $20 bill and Harriet won the vote. She beat Eleanor Roosevelt and Rosa Parks if I am not mistaken.

I've honestly never given any thought to putting anyone black on any money. MLK would get the nod but I'd much rather have Malcolm X.

The plan is to put a woman on the $20 bill and Harriet won the vote. She beat Eleanor Roosevelt and Rosa Parks if I am not mistaken.

Fair enough I didn't read the article.

I will say Andrew Jackson had some faults lIke many. But he also had a lot of accomplishments.

But I also have no problem if this is the popular opinion. Washington , Lincoln , Jefferson and Franklin are untouchable. Jackson isn't.

As long as it is still worth 20 bucks I don't care whose face is on it. The outrage over this has made me laugh though. People are actually saying they'll never use a twenty dollar bill again if she is on it. :lol2: :lol2:

I vote we put your face on the 20. Only stipulation will be you have to be drinking a Fat Tire.

Edit: Randy Parker beat me to it. Dang I should have read the whole the thread.

My gosh is this thread ripe for comedy .. it is comedy right ? First could we please find a better pic of Tubman ? she looks like a man .

Secondly the voters on the poll actually picked a female with the name " Mankiller" to appear on the 20 spot ? BAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA classic .

Thirdly why in the world would stop here, lets start a campaign for Ophra to be on the 100 , and Michelle Obama on the 5 .