Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AAU State 5/8-5/10

Featured Replies

Detorrion Ware game winner for Attucks Wolfpack; Ware is a freshman at Christian County and is going to be a good one:

 

  • Replies 168
  • Views 32.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aiden Ruthsatz Covington Catholic

Adam Kunkel Cooper

Austin Lay Covington Catholic

Zack Clinkenbeard Walton Verona

Terry Durham Winton Woods

Tripp Pittman Cooper

Noah Shidler Boone County

Malachi Pike Covington Catholic

Paul Thelen Covington Catholic

Ethan Haines Boone County

 

A lot of recognizable sports family names in that roster.

Rumor is Tre Hill just left the 16U Travelers to join the 15U Louisville Magic. This will improve their team for sure. Did he not like playing for the Travelers? How did the 16U Travelers do this weekend?

Rumor is Tre Hill just left the 16U Travelers to join the 15U Louisville Magic. This will improve their team for sure. Did he not like playing for the Travelers? How did the 16U Travelers do this weekend?

 

They were ok but got hammered in the tournament. I think they lost 70-43 if memory serves me correctly.

  • Author
Rumor is Tre Hill just left the 16U Travelers to join the 15U Louisville Magic. This will improve their team for sure. Did he not like playing for the Travelers? How did the 16U Travelers do this weekend?

 

That is true, not a rumor. I started a thread about it yesterday after I saw Tre tweet it.

Probably a better situation for him. I would rather play on an elite team at my age level, than a grade up team that may not be as strong. He is a nice player for sure. Each parent/player needs to do what is right for their own child.

HD Orange was a 10th grade team. HD Black was an 11th grade team. HD Orange the 11th grade team didn't play in the event which is why Goodin was with HD Black.

 

I was referring to the 16u HD teams... Sorry for the confusion.

 

Hoop Dreams had 5 teams there this past weekend.

 

17U-Hoop Dreams Black

 

16U-Hoop Dreams Black and Orange

 

15U-Hoop Dreams Black and Orange

They were ok but got hammered in the tournament. I think they lost 70-43 if memory serves me correctly.

 

Hammered is accurate, by the eventual state champion Charlotte Court in the Elite 8. Before that they were undefeated in pool play with (2) 20 point plus victories over Louisville Prospects and KY Heat in a pool where each of those three teams reached the Elite 8. They narrowly beat the NKY Legends in a round of 16 game that lasted until well past midnight on Saturday. They actually played very well until turning around and playing Charlotte Court on Sunday morning where it was never really close, but got bad at the end. The Court is very good and I am surprised more people are not talking about Dishman as one of the better returning seniors for the upcoming season. He is really nice and plays above the rim with a strong interior game.

 

As for Trey Hill, anytime a player leaves you have to presume the obvious that he did not like playing with the team he is leaving. As I said in Q's post and as mentioned by someone here...Parents and kids need to make decisions about playing up or playing in your own grade. Lots of variables, but it no doubt is easier to be a more dominating player when you play in your grade for sure which can be tempting.

By the way, that was in no way intended as a shot at the Travelers @GoHardITP

 

I was just saying what happened.

That is true, not a rumor. I started a thread about it yesterday after I saw Tre tweet it.

 

Hoop Dreams 16U Orange (The "Good" team) lost in pool play to the Louisville Lightening and then lost in the 1st round of Bracket play to the "KY Maulers" in their OWN AGE GROUP... But I don't see any Threads started about that? At the end of the day, half of the Travelers 16U are actually 15U kids, so most were playing up 2 age groups. For those kids to have two victories of 24 and 28 points against 17U teams that made it to the Elite 8 is phenomenal....

That is true, not a rumor. I started a thread about it yesterday after I saw Tre tweet it.

 

Hoop Dreams 16U Orange (The "Good" team) lost in pool play to the Louisville Lightening and then lost in the 1st round of Bracket play to the "KY Maulers" in their OWN AGE GROUP... But I don't see any Threads started about that? At the end of the day, half of the Travelers 16U are actually 15U kids, so most were playing up 2 age groups. For those kids to have two victories of 24 and 28 points against 17U teams that made it to the Elite 8 is phenomenal....

  • Author
Hoop Dreams 16U Orange (The "Good" team) lost in pool play to the Louisville Lightening and then lost in the 1st round of Bracket play to the "KY Maulers" in their OWN AGE GROUP... But I don't see any Threads started about that? At the end of the day, half of the Travelers 16U are actually 15U kids, so most were playing up 2 age groups. For those kids to have two victories of 24 and 28 points against 17U teams that made it to the Elite 8 is phenomenal....

 

By all means, start the thread.

Boys...Boys...all the brotherhood lasted all of about 3 days. I really thought we had a chance at world peace here on the board. I must admit the two of you do bring a bit of a chuckle when you poke at each other. I trust it is all in good jest.

 

There was some great basketball played and hopefully the kids competed hard and there was not any on court battles that went over the line of just good hard play. Does anyone know of any fights/troubles in any games? I saw none and for the most part good sportsmanship throughout.

Boys...Boys...all the brotherhood lasted all of about 3 days. I really thought we had a chance at world peace here on the board. I must admit the two of you do bring a bit of a chuckle when you poke at each other. I trust it is all in good jest.

 

There was some great basketball played and hopefully the kids competed hard and there was not any on court battles that went over the line of just good hard play. Does anyone know of any fights/troubles in any games? I saw none and for the most part good sportsmanship throughout.

 

There was a fight for sure but it wasn't at KBA. I'm not sure which teams it involved.

  • Author
Boys...Boys...all the brotherhood lasted all of about 3 days. I really thought we had a chance at world peace here on the board. I must admit the two of you do bring a bit of a chuckle when you poke at each other. I trust it is all in good jest.

 

There was some great basketball played and hopefully the kids competed hard and there was not any on court battles that went over the line of just good hard play. Does anyone know of any fights/troubles in any games? I saw none and for the most part good sportsmanship throughout.

 

I didn't see anything. Usually at these events it's the parents who get into it. I know Wireman experienced that first hand at a game on Sunday.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.