Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AAU State 5/8-5/10

Featured Replies

False

 

We'll look at the rosters Friday and see.

  • Replies 168
  • Views 32.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most would take top 100 player. Hoping someday to reap the benfits later. This is whats wrong with AAU! Sportsmanic I truely repect you for your reply.

Thanks

It wouldn't matter to me either way but it's not important now anyways.

 

Almost every team in the AAU State tournament has picked up new players for this weekend. Yet, Manimal is the only team everyone chooses to talk about. I don't care either way but that is bizarre.

 

That's because Manimal picked up the front runner for Kentucky's Mr. Basketball 2016 who happens to play for one of Manimal's AAU rivals. That's newsworthy and going to make people talk. Bizarre or not.

Ky AAU State is better than West Virginia and not near as good as Indiana AAU state. I really dont see it as that big of a deal. The bigger deal would be adding some young stud from another AAU team just to play in a tournament that all you get is a 2 1/2" fake gold metal. But in the end you are saying to those kids & there parents that you are not good enough to compete. Why isnt this young man team playing in the Ky AAU state.

 

From what I understand the Hoop Dreams 17U Orange team has two kids on their team that are ineligible to play according to the KY State AAU rules. Instead of bringing the other 8 players on the team they chose not to play at all.

I'd love to see the team that turns down Quentin Goodin's rental services for the weekend. I have a hard time believing anyone would do that.

  • Author
I'd love to see the team that turns down Quentin Goodin's rental services for the weekend. I have a hard time believing anyone would do that.

 

Quentin is not playing with Manimal this weekend.

I'd love to see the team that turns down Quentin Goodin's rental services for the weekend. I have a hard time believing anyone would do that.

 

I think there may be a few who would turn down any rental player even one as good as Q due to loyalty to their regular players, no matter how much they would like to have him. Sportsmaniac says he would turn him down and I believe him. My son has played in a couple of tourneys as a guest player when a team was missing a player or two and even though all the players and parents were great about it, I had to wonder if some of them may have resented him getting some of their kids playing time. I kinda felt awkward about it even though the coach had approached us about adding him.

Quentin is not playing with Manimal this weekend.

 

OK, I'll bite. Why?

I think there may be a few who would turn down any rental player even one as good as Q due to loyalty to their regular players, no matter how much they would like to have him. Sportsmaniac says he would turn him down and I believe him. My son has played in a couple of tourneys as a guest player when a team was missing a player or two and even though all the players and parents were great about it, I had to wonder if some of them may have resented him getting some of their kids playing time. I kinda felt awkward about it even though the coach had approached us about adding him.

 

There could be a few who would turn him down. All I am saying is that I would like to see the teams that would do so.

Lexington Future and KY Thunder tonight @ 6:55 at Imani. Lots of young talent on both teams!!

I'll be there for the weekend...except for a few hours tomorrow morning (youth soccer duties haha).

 

I'm looking forward to plenty of hoops action :thumb:

Edited by Wireman

  • Author
Lexington Future and KY Thunder tonight @ 6:55 at Imani. Lots of young talent on both teams!!

 

Surprised this game isn't at KBA. This is one I'd like to watch.

Surprised this game isn't at KBA. This is one I'd like to watch.

I was surprised myself, with both teams being ranked in the state. Lexington Future plays Bengals saturday @ 10:55 at KBA

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.