Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AAU State 5/8-5/10

Featured Replies

So Goodin has quit Hoop Dreams and is now playing for Manimal? Interesting... Any word on why he quit playing for HD?

 

I'm not sure of any circumstances or anything.

  • Replies 168
  • Views 32.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KY Elite will be in the 17u.

 

The way I understood it was Goodin was just playing with Manimal for this weekend. I could be wrong but just what I heard.

 

I've heard differently...

Confirmed...Goodin is with Manimal for state tourney ONLY. He'll be with Hoop Dreams the rest of the summer.

Your ears deceive you.

 

I was told straight from the horse's mouth haha. Definitely a one weekend deal according to the Goodin family.

Number one surprise is that Hoop Dreams 17 is not playing in the state tournament. Even without the services of Holman and Miller they should be good enough to be competitive. Number 2 surprise is that Manimal wanted a guest player for the state tourney, unless maybe they have some regulars out for some reason. Sometimes AAU is like a box of chocolates. Ya never know what your gonna get.

Definitely a few ways to look at it... Will it upset team chemistry? Would any team turn down the addition of a top 100 player? Does this make Manimal the favorites to win 17U now?

 

I'm excited to cover the event this weekend. I always enjoy the AAU State tourney.

Bottom Line.... State AAU Tourney is not during NCAA Live Period so the only reason to play is for the Best Team in Ky bragging rights. As a coach what does it tell your kids when you bring other players in ( I don't believe in you) to win, what does it say to their parents? It screams this is about me and not your boys. What if these players you bring in get hurt and have to sit out the most important July of their aau years. All for false bragging rights !!! because you didn't have the best team or you wouldn't be bringing others in if you did.

At the end of the day the weekend brings a collection of KY HS kids competing against each other apart from their HS teams. Alliances come together and we get to see which kids playing against mostly other KY HS players look really good and poised for breakout seasons the next year.

 

Other than that you get some bragging rights and such, but for me I like seeing which kids have actually gained improvement from the end of the season using the last two months to get better. Off season improvements in 60 days let's you know who is working hard and will continue to work hard the rest of the off season. It should be fun and then in about 4 weeks they get to go back to their HS teams to have the month of June to gather and improve as a team.

I saw on Twitter that Dylan James is playing with Hoop Dreams 16U this weekend. That's a nice addition for them

  • Author
I saw on Twitter that Dylan James is playing with Hoop Dreams 16U this weekend. That's a nice addition for them

 

Hoop Dreams 16u Orange Roster (no particular order):

Jerryd Jones

Jared Osborne

Jaylon Hall

Jaylen Sebree

Jacoby Harris

KC Purvis

Trenton Russell

Dylan James

Kel Livers

CJ Henagan

Stevie Mack

Hoop Dreams 16u Orange Roster (no particular order):

Jerryd Jones

Jared Osborne

Jaylon Hall

Jaylen Sebree

Jacoby Harris

KC Purvis

Trenton Russell

Dylan James

Kel Livers

CJ Henagan

Stevie Mack

 

I'm looking forward to watching my man Trenton Russell this weekend. He's going to be a handful in the 15th Region next season.

I see that the schedule is out. Why have 4 team pools when each team only plays 2 of the other 3 teams in their pool? How do you determine standings?

I see that the schedule is out. Why have 4 team pools when each team only plays 2 of the other 3 teams in their pool? How do you determine standings?

 

Link or can you post it here?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.