Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AAU State 5/8-5/10

Featured Replies

Ky AAU State is better than West Virginia and not near as good as Indiana AAU state. I really dont see it as that big of a deal. The bigger deal would be adding some young stud from another AAU team just to play in a tournament that all you get is a 2 1/2" fake gold metal. But in the end you are saying to those kids & there parents that you are not good enough to compete. Why isnt this young man team playing in the Ky AAU state.

 

I've been attending this event for a few years now and I promise you...it's a big deal to the players and coaches.

  • Replies 168
  • Views 32.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My team plays the Louisville Lightning at 805 on Court 1 at KBA Friday night. Should be a fun game.

 

What is your roster? And if anyone knows the lightning roster, please post.

thanks.

I've been attending this event for a few years now and I promise you...it's a big deal to the players and coaches.

 

What about that Kids spot you take away because you bring in a STUD? That's a bigger deal. I love this game as much as the next. Hoop Dreams should've played in the State. Must not be that big of a deal to them.

Some teams/coaches would rather be a sell out, than keep the integrity and respect of the program they've built up.

 

Kudos to all those who do it the right way. No wonder the AAU scene gets a bad rap from most.

  • Author
What is your roster? And if anyone knows the lightning roster, please post.

thanks.

 

See Post #26

  • Author
What is your roster? And if anyone knows the lightning roster, please post.

thanks.

 

See Post #26

What about that Kids spot you take away because you bring in a STUD? That's a bigger deal. I love this game as much as the next. Hoop Dreams should've played in the State. Must not be that big of a deal to them.

 

Who is taking away a kid's spot?

I'm told by head coach Maze Stallworth that 2016 Taylor County star Quentin Goodin will be playing with Team Manimal in AAU State Tourney. That's an interesting development.

 

Is this kid going to be sitting on the bench? We can be assured Mr. Goodin will get 30+ min if needed. I think this will take someone spot.

Is this kid going to be sitting on the bench? We can be assured Mr. Goodin will get 30+ min if needed. I think this will take someone spot.

 

You can also be assured that Mr. Stallworth has 3 regular players who can't play this weekend so he's actually still 2 short.

You can also be assured that Mr. Stallworth has 3 regular players who can't play this weekend so he's actually still 2 short.

 

All you never said in your post was that Q. Goodin was playing w/Team Manimal....

All you never said in your post was that Q. Goodin was playing w/Team Manimal....

 

It wouldn't matter to me either way but it's not important now anyways.

 

Almost every team in the AAU State tournament has picked up new players for this weekend. Yet, Manimal is the only team everyone chooses to talk about. I don't care either way but that is bizarre.

I have no beef w/Manimal or any other team. I was giving my thoughts on picking up a player that already has been playing for weeks now. One AAU coach told me one time players come & player go and is a true statement, but coaches keep trying to recruit at early ages instead of taking the players they already have and making them better. It happens in High School to. They are not many player like Mr. Goodin in the state and he will almost certainly make a difference in Team Manimal winning. Is C. Miller playing this weekend with Manimal?

Some teams/coaches would rather be a sell out, than keep the integrity and respect of the program they've built up.

 

Kudos to all those who do it the right way. No wonder the AAU scene gets a bad rap from most.

 

Amen, well said

It wouldn't matter to me either way but it's not important now anyways.

 

Almost every team in the AAU State tournament has picked up new players for this weekend. Yet, Manimal is the only team everyone chooses to talk about. I don't care either way but that is bizarre.

 

False

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.