Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AAU State 5/8-5/10

Featured Replies

It depends on the program.

 

This article mentions the financials of the Travelers: Club team, Nike reap benefits of sponsorship

 

I know Team Takeover was offered a MASSIVE deal by Under Armour last year to leave Nike but declined. Top teams like that receive hundreds of thousands of dollars. But they also consistently churn out NBA lottery picks.

 

Takeover also does a great job with their program financially. They host multiple events throughout the year (with one actually being in Puerto Rico this year), and they don't "buy" kids by giving them tons of free stuff. They might not have the same budget, but its not some astronomical number. Definitely not hundreds of thousands of dollars.

  • Replies 168
  • Views 32.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Takeover also does a great job with their program financially. They host multiple events throughout the year (with one actually being in Puerto Rico this year), and they don't "buy" kids by giving them tons of free stuff. They might not have the same budget, but its not some astronomical number. Definitely not hundreds of thousands of dollars.

 

I am very close with a member of the Team Takeover family. I can guarantee you that they have a large budget and that Under Armour offered them $500,000 per year to switch. Nike didn't exactly match it but they are well taken care of.

 

Keith Stevens of AAU Team Takeover is the new power broker of D.C. area basketball - The Washington Post

 

"Stevens himself could be on the verge of a big payday. He is considering a lucrative sponsorship deal from Under Armour. Two Team Takeover coaches familiar with the situation indicated the Baltimore-based apparel company has offered Stevens more than $500,000 and the resources to create two full-time staff positions within his nonprofit organization."

 

So there you go.

I am very close with a member of the Team Takeover family. I can guarantee you that they have a large budget and that Under Armour offered them $500,000 per year to switch. Nike didn't exactly match it but they are well taken care of.

 

Keith Stevens of AAU Team Takeover is the new power broker of D.C. area basketball - The Washington Post

 

"Stevens himself could be on the verge of a big payday. He is considering a lucrative sponsorship deal from Under Armour. Two Team Takeover coaches familiar with the situation indicated the Baltimore-based apparel company has offered Stevens more than $500,000 and the resources to create two full-time staff positions within his nonprofit organization."

 

So there you go.

 

Oh I know Under Armour offered the money. I am just saying that Nike didn't match that. They get money from lots of different places, which include former players, but their allotment (certainly not $35k) isn't drastically different than the other programs. The majority of the kids pay to play. Although he does field both boys and girls. Keith's money is a different situation.

Detorrion Ware game winner for Attucks Wolfpack; Ware is a freshman at Christian County and is going to be a good one:

 

 

Was this vs Shining Star with Ruthsatz of CovCath? Looks like him.

Was this vs Shining Star with Ruthsatz of CovCath? Looks like him.

 

Yes it was. Ruthsatz hit what appeared to be the game winning free throws but that bad inbounds play took defeat from the jaws of victory

Yes it was. Ruthsatz hit what appeared to be the game winning free throws but that bad inbounds play took defeat from the jaws of victory

 

Its amazing how kids just let a player get into the lane like that. I didnt even see another player for SS go for that ball...the pass must have been pretty bad.

 

If Ruthsatz has the same work ethic as his older brother he will be just as good.

I am very close with a member of the Team Takeover family. I can guarantee you that they have a large budget and that Under Armour offered them $500,000 per year to switch. Nike didn't exactly match it but they are well taken care of.

 

 

 

 

Keith Stevens of AAU Team Takeover is the new power broker of D.C. area basketball - The Washington Post

 

"Stevens himself could be on the verge of a big payday. He is considering a lucrative sponsorship deal from Under Armour. Two Team Takeover coaches familiar with the situation indicated the Baltimore-based apparel company has offered Stevens more than $500,000 and the resources to create two full-time staff positions within his nonprofit organization."

 

So there you go.

 

Wow, that's way more than I had thought. Where is Team Takeover based out of?

Washington DC area/Baltimore. This is the program which Assistant UofL Coach Kenny Johnson was very involved running and launched his coaching career from. Also very near Under Armor HQ which is why it is so attractive to them in addition to the talent pool that area produces.

Its amazing how kids just let a player get into the lane like that. I didnt even see another player for SS go for that ball...the pass must have been pretty bad.

 

If Ruthsatz has the same work ethic as his older brother he will be just as good.

 

I was sitting by a couple of college assistants during this particular game. They both felt like Ruthsatz was the best player on the court in this game.

Washington DC area/Baltimore. This is the program which Assistant UofL Coach Kenny Johnson was very involved running and launched his coaching career from. Also very near Under Armor HQ which is why it is so attractive to them in addition to the talent pool that area produces.

 

$500,000.00. How many teams does Team Takeover have? What does that average out to per team? I've heard numbers of $100,000 with Nike funded teams. Does anyone really know the details about how much each Nike funded team receives?

I was sitting by a couple of college assistants during this particular game. They both felt like Ruthsatz was the best player on the court in this game.

 

It was not a NCAA live period, not saying you were not by some college assistants but what type of college assistants were they?

It was not a NCAA live period, not saying you were not by some college assistants but what type of college assistants were they?

 

Academic team

  • Author
It was not a NCAA live period, not saying you were not by some college assistants but what type of college assistants were they?

 

D2, D3 and NAIA were allowed to be out. I saw multiple D2 assistants last weekend.

D2, D3 and NAIA were allowed to be out. I saw multiple D2 assistants last weekend.

 

I did not realize D2 was able to be out, but figured NAIA might. How did Ruthsatz and Jalen Johnson match up against each other from Hoptown? I have seen Johnson and figured those two may have been matched up at the guard spot.

I did not realize D2 was able to be out, but figured NAIA might. How did Ruthsatz and Jalen Johnson match up against each other from Hoptown? I have seen Johnson and figured those two may have been matched up at the guard spot.

 

Ruthsatz played really well. I watched him in another game on Sunday and he played well in that one, too.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.