Anybody stay in the same job your entire working career?

ACE

Started working in High School for a company and worked for them until my heart muscle gave out 30 years later. Moved several (12) times working in 17 different locations.

Had a PT job cleaning an office while in high school before starting at Walmart. Was a firefighter on the side for a couple of years, but never left Walmart.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been in the same spot going on 10 years in September. I never thought I would last this long, but was hired by another company and turned in my 2 week notice, low and behold I got a promotion at that point.

I've been in the hospitality industry (hotels) for a quarter century. I've been in 5 different hotels (7 if you count my current job is over 3 hotels; 8 if you count 2 different tenures at one hotel). I've held different positions along the way, I spent 13 years over the course of 2 different time spans at one hotel, several 3-ish year spans at hotels, and a year at the Convention Bureau. I'll have been at my current employment 4 years in July. Along the way, I've had a variety of second jobs, one of which I stayed at for 7 years, most of which were in the restaurant industry.

So, I haven't stayed in one place, but in my industry, just staying in the industry as long as I have without burning out is considered a feat, so I'll consider myself somewhat of an anomaly. :D