Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tebow Will Sign With....

Featured Replies

Heard on the Radio that he was signed to a 1 year deal, does that mean Eagles pay even if they cut him?

 

Nope, only thing he would keep is signing bonus if he got one.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heard on the Radio that he was signed to a 1 year deal, does that mean Eagles pay even if they cut him?

 

I think so.

Nope, only thing he would keep is signing bonus if he got one.

 

He still will be getting paid some of the money from the contract too during the months he is still on the team.

He still will be getting paid some of the money from the contract too during the months he is still on the team.

 

Correct, gets pro rated salary while still on team. This why football contracts are a joke. Sign a guy to a 6 year deal and you can cut them after 1. Another reason you see a lot of hold outs in football and not baseball. Baseball contracts are guaranteed.

Kelly has no clue what he's doing, but this signing has no impact on that.

 

It's a win-win situation IMO. He comes in, struggles like 95% of people expect (not me), and they cut him and are out nothing. He comes in and does well, he's a backup/third string QB on the roster, and will be interesting to see how Kelly uses him, especially in goal-line formations.

Kelly has no clue what he's doing, but this signing has no impact on that.

 

It's a win-win situation IMO. He comes in, struggles like 95% of people expect (not me), and they cut him and are out nothing. He comes in and does well, he's a backup/third string QB on the roster, and will be interesting to see how Kelly uses him, especially in goal-line formations.

My thoughts exactly.

Then you don't think my chaplain suggestion has any merit? lol

Chip Kelly really is running that franchise into the ground... And fast...

 

I'm a lifelong Eagles fan. And while I'm still struggling with some of the moves he's made, to say he's running the franchise into the ground, isn't exactly accurate. This is a franchise without a title since 1960. The Eagles have consistently been underacheivers pretty much most of my life. Several great teams, no championships. This team didn't make the playoff's last year, and have struggled in the playoff's the last several years they made it. Basically, what I'm saying is this franchise hasn't been high enough to be able to be run into the ground.

 

As far as Tebow, I've been a big critic of his, and I guess I deserve him getting a chance to play for my team. But, this won't be the move that makes or breaks the Eagles. If he makes the team, fine. But he couldn't beat out Sanchez in New York, so he's at best a number three. And if you're depending on your number 3 QB to help you, you've got big problems as a team.

If they are depending on #3 QB their only chance is a prayer and that brings us back to my chaplain theory.

I for one think Tebow is a perfect fit for the Eagles. When Tebow played for Denver they were the No.1 rushing team in the NFL. Willis McGahee has his best year ever with Tebow playing QB. After Tebow left McGahee never ran for over 700 yards. If you can run in the NFL you can win. Tebow took a loosing team to the AFC championship and has not started one game since. What would he be like for an Offense tailored fit for him? I'm excited to see how this turns out!

Does anybody else think part of Chip Kelly's thing now is to do it his way — as NFL-unorthodox a way as possible — just as an f-you to all those who are doubting him? In that light, I could totally see him completely remaking the Eagles roster in a way to complement Tebow.

 

I'm not saying it will work, but if we accept the premise that Kelly's crazy/obsessed, this seems like a plausible theory.

When the PAT Kick option goes away next year, he could be a huge asset for the after TD points. I like the hire, I think hes good for any team that signs him, regardless if he sees the field or not.

When the PAT Kick option goes away next year, he could be a huge asset for the after TD points. I like the hire, I think hes good for any team that signs him, regardless if he sees the field or not.

 

This I have wondered about. Say they move back the extra point line to the 35 and teams start going for 2. Wouldn't a guy like Tebow become a premium?

This I have wondered about. Say they move back the extra point line to the 35 and teams start going for 2. Wouldn't a guy like Tebow become a premium?

 

Fullback would go back to being a somewhat important position again league-wide in a situation like that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.