Calipari's Players Earning & Projections For Current Players

MJAlltheWay24

I'll give you those two but the majority of them were headed to the NBA and to fat bank accounts despite Cal. At the same time, his ability to get this type of talent on a yearly basis is amazing to watch yearly.

You could say the same thing for half the nba players and their college coaches.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cal has absolutely nothing to do with any of them making that money. They were all going to make it regardless.

I somewhat disagree. Yes, they we're going to make money, but how much? Cal's relationship with the NBA execs and how he coached/played these players may have improved their positions.

I somewhat disagree. Yes, they we're going to make money, but how much? Cal's relationship with the NBA execs and how he coached/played these players may have improved their positions.

They earn their money once they get to the league and all these dudes were going to the league whether they went to UK or Arizona State. They are all on predetermined rookie contracts once drafted. Those guys in the NBA aren't drafting UK guys because of Cal. They are drafting them because they are the most talented people available.

No, but he got them to their 2nd contracts faster by pushing them out the door as quickly as possible.

Also before the scouts start picking their game apart resulting in a loss in draft status, which happens to too many players who stay in college.

Cal has absolutely nothing to do with any of them making that money. They were all going to make it regardless.

Really? He seems pretty good at this. Sure could have fooled me.

If that was the case they wouldn't come to Kentucky.

It has to be a very bittersweet day for the twins. They have never spent more than 24 hours a part from each other their entire lives and have never played without each other on the same team their entire lives.

The NBA is about to make more than the usual life changes when it comes to the twins. Has to be a little sad in the Harrison household today.

Really? He seems pretty good at this. Sure could have fooled me.

If that was the case they wouldn't come to Kentucky.

Do you believe the only reason they went pro was because of Calipari? I don't believe Kyrie Irving, Austin Rivers, Andre Dawkins, Luol Deng, Christian Laettner, etc are NBA players because of Coach K.

How many UK players would have even gone to UK I'd they could have gone pro right of high school?

Do you believe the only reason they went pro was because of Calipari? I don't believe Kyrie Irving, Austin Rivers, Andre Dawkins, Luol Deng, Christian Laettner, etc are NBA players because of Coach K.

How many UK players would have even gone to UK I'd they could have gone pro right of high school?

Half. What does that matter?

Like I said if it didn't matter what the coach does players would go anywhere.

Cal, K, and Self are the best at taking the best and improving them. they are doing something right.

Half. What does that matter?

Like I said if it didn't matter what the coach does players would go anywhere.

Cal, K, and Self are the best at taking the best and improving them. they are doing something right.

Agree to disagree. Cal, K and Self are the best at getting the top talent to come to their schools for one year. No way they turn these dudes into top notch NBA talents in one year. JJ Redick says 4 years with K still has him as a marginal NBA player.

I don't think WCS would be where he is now if it wasn't for UK. Same thing with Bledsoe 5 years ago.

Bledsoe would have been drafted higher had he been able to run the point somewhere else. He's way better in the NBA than he was at UK. Cal has nothing to do with that.

WCS will not be a good NBA player. The draft this year is going to be weak. He is where he is by default. If WCS doesn't pan out in the pros is that Cal's fault?