Calipari's Players Earning & Projections For Current Players

MJAlltheWay24

I gave you Liggins and Harrelson. Other than that everyone else I expected to go pro whether they were at UK or not.

Patterson's game improved because he finally developed a jumper. What does that have to do with Cal? Cal wasn't with him when he was shooting in the gym.

Oh I agree that all those kids were probably going pro too, but I think playing for him (and the others I've mentioned) helps increase their exposure and may help them jump up a few spots in the draft.

Patterson's game was always back to the basket before Calipari. He wanted to come back and work with Coach Cal to hone his skills and be more of a stretch four, which I think has helped him. It's still the hard work that Patterson put in, but I feel like he jumped up a few spots in the draft because of Coach Cal. Hard to ever prove, so just my opinion.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I agree that all those kids were probably going pro too, but I think playing for him (and the others I've mentioned) helps increase their exposure and may help them jump up a few spots in the draft.

Patterson's game was always back to the basket before Calipari. He wanted to come back and work with Coach Cal to hone his skills and be more of a stretch four, which I think has helped him. It's still the hard work that Patterson put in, but I feel like he jumped up a few spots in the draft because of Coach Cal. Hard to ever prove, so just my opinion.

And that is possible. I just feel like they were going pro regardless. It's highly likely that Cal, K and Self get kids drafted higher than they should be. My main point is that those kids would be drafted anyways and the real money is in the second contract not the first.

Booker can score from multiple places.

He was consistent in transition, but he went into a 2 month "shooting slump" and never came out of it. His shot looks good but I'm thinking 2 months goes beyond being a "streaky shooter"....and being in a slump. He basically couldn't shoot for just under half of the season. His defense is atrocious.

He was consistent in transition, but he went into a 2 month "shooting slump" and never came out of it. His shot looks good but I'm thinking 2 months goes beyond being a "streaky shooter"....and being in a slump. He basically couldn't shoot for just under half of the season. His defense is atrocious.

He will be a better pro than either Harrison.

He will be a better pro than either Harrison.

Oh....ok. Yeah your are right. The league is full of players who can't play any defense and can't shoot for 2.5 months of the season.

It's not a matter of Booker being better than the Harrison's, I'm asking how can Booker be perceived to be "that" much better than the Harrison's? Their draft status suggests they are light years apart and I don't see how that is such the case. Everyone thinks that Bookers game will naturally fit the nba. Why? He struggled to knock down open shots for a good portion of the season and he can't guard anyone. His shot does look good and he shot lights out for half the season....then not so much.

Edited by StateChamp97

Tobias Harris says okay.

I had to google that guy which proved my point. Nothing compares to the hype machine of UK, Duke, and Kansas. They get in the league at a higher level its on you for the second contract.

Harrisons will be a little better than expected. They will be different not playing together which will make them improve.

Oh....ok. Yeah your are right. The league is full of players who can't play any defense and can't shoot for 2.5 months of the season.

It's not a matter of Booker being better than the Harrison's, I'm asking how can Booker be perceived to be "that" much better than the Harrison's? Their draft status suggests they are light years apart and I don't see how that is such the case. Everyone thinks that Bookers game will naturally fit the nba. Why? He struggled to knock down open shots for a good portion of the season and he can't guard anyone. His shot does look good and he shot lights out for half the season....then not so much.

Because they've seen two years of the Harrison Twins and only one year of Booker, and a year where he was splitting minutes at that. They've been able to see more of the Twins flaws than Booker's, so they believe Booker has more potential. Combined with the fact that Booker's game is just better for the NBA.

I had to google that guy which proved my point. Nothing compares to the hype machine of UK, Duke, and Kansas. They get in the league at a higher level its on you for the second contract.

Harrisons will be a little better than expected. They will be different not playing together which will make them improve.

Proves my point also. Harris is having a great season and proving to be way better in the NBA than in college. I guess he owes that to his college coach though, huh?

No, that's the I'm a 7 footer who can block shots effect vs the I'm a dime a dozen 6'6" athlete with no jumper effect. You seriously think Noel is worth more potentially because of UK? What, Shabazz would be an all star if he went to UK? Seriously? Come on, Joker.

Quincy Miller and CJ Leslie might do things differently if they had another chance. Those are big guys with crazy athleticism.

The facts speak for themselves. Cal is great at not only selling his program but getting players ready for the NBA. His track record speaks for itself. Anyone who doesn't see it and thinks all of the players he sends to the NBA would be drafted as high and as soon as they are getting drafted are either jealous or just don't understand the preparation that goes into the time spent in Cals system.

He he teaches the players to play together and as a team instead of individuals. They have to because when they reach the NBA they will be playing on a team full of all stars. UK prepares them to work as a team in those surroundings.